Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DS contribution to his annual review - I like his thinking! :)

(17 Posts)
coff33pot Sat 27-Oct-12 15:05:34

Minutes of our annual review came in the post this morning. I have already said it was a great meet and the minutes reflect that. They have put in big red letters that ALL at the review request that DS statement band 3B does not to ds justice and request amendment to 3ASD stating that due to a successful transition any behavioural challenges are directly as a result of the clinical diagnosis and I am thrilled about that.

However amongst the minutes was DS own contribution of his views on his learning difficulties. I had to smile grin

Q: What do you like abut school?
DS: ready steady grow zone, fish and chips on a friday, ICT

Q: What things do you do really well in school?
DS: Drawing, making more friends

Q: What would you like to be changed at school?
DS: Fish and chips every day. Everyone else to do my work for me. XBOX 360 outside to play at lunchtimes and free chocolate every day given out with the fish and chips.

Q: What extra help would you like in school?
DS: Not really.

Q: Is there anything else you would like to say about school?

DS: Its alright and its definitely better than my old one.

grin I take it that is my asd childs view on school heaven!

Iceflower Sat 27-Oct-12 15:38:02

LOL grin, he will do well grin [ grin]

PolterGoose Sat 27-Oct-12 15:48:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

iwanttoscream Sat 27-Oct-12 15:55:30

That's lovely. When my dd was asked a couple of years ago what she didn't like about school, she replied the floor was too hard. Made me laugh!

Strongecoffeeismydrug Sat 27-Oct-12 16:15:46

When DS was asked what he liked about school he said "the taxi ride home".
Lol he really didn't like that school so it was a correct statement and he could have said much worse

coff33pot Sat 27-Oct-12 16:23:38

haha! I love the pure honesty of their answers. So forthright and out with it smile

Badvoc Sat 27-Oct-12 17:00:28

Can't fault the lad coff! smile

Marne Sat 27-Oct-12 22:11:49

Dd 6 when asked 'what do you find hard?' she said 'a apple' grin oh and 'what do you enjoy?' she said 'skateboarding' (she's never stood on a skateboard in her life).

zzzzz Sat 27-Oct-12 23:22:42

grin. The child's a genius. I'm pretty sure he would create a fabulous school given half a chance.

If you ask ds if he likes school he says "I don't like school". Absolutely true. If pushed he'll say "I like adventures". Also absolutely true.

He has of course never experienced an Xbox grin

Grockle Sat 27-Oct-12 23:28:27

Aww, lovely.

Grockle Sat 27-Oct-12 23:32:32

One Annual Review that I did for one of my children had a pupil contribution (all symbolised) that said:

I like: I don't like:

Swimming work
Parties
Dance (therapy)
Dinner
Playtime
hometime

No different to any other child, really.

PipinJo Sat 27-Oct-12 23:48:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

wasuup3000 Sun 28-Oct-12 00:58:59

LOL smile My dd answered to what would you like like to be changed about school was make it pink, one year.

whatthewhatthebleep Sun 28-Oct-12 01:07:19

my DS wanted other kids to just be honest and stop telling lies when something goes wrong (bullying) and for people to mean what they say and then do it!! (teachers) sad

but then he says all this about the cahms psych too !

(he's right about both unfortunately) sad

coff33pot Sun 28-Oct-12 01:30:22

awww whatthe sad

lets hope they sit up and listen to that request!

They did mention that they had noticed DS had chosen more quiet time than going out to play this last week so they monitored it and worked out that the older children have worked out his vulnerabilities and have been coaching the younger ones to join in the winding up. So they stamped on it quick and spoke to the younger ones about feelings.

It worked as he is back outside for the time being. At the last school they would have just said he was non compliant in doing what he was told and going out but he didnt have someone looking on at a distance there.

Pipin I loved the last answer would love to post it to someone....grin

DS has not experienced an XBox either!

coff33pot Sun 28-Oct-12 01:34:24

So ...so far we need a Pink school with marshmellow soft floors (possibly giant bouncy castle?), no apples just bananas, more adventures than learning at a desk, fish n chips and chocolate every day!

GhostofMammaTJ Sun 28-Oct-12 08:40:02

There are clearly some fabulous future HTs in our midst!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now