Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Need some guidance with regards to relocating, possibly SW London

(4 Posts)
Dev9aug Sat 27-Oct-12 15:03:18

We are looking to move in a couple of months time and I need to start research for what is going to be the best location in terms of provision etc. I would say that we are looking at areas around SW London, but haven't decided on a borough yet.

How do I go about it? Can somebody give me guidance as to Where do I start looking, any websites that list schools etc? Is there anybody who does this kind research professionally on behalf of parents, an advocate etc!

At present, ds1 has a home based ABA program which I envisage continuing for the time being. Based on current rate of progress, I would say we are looking at a special school but I would like to have the option of an open minded MS school just in case. Availability of decent ABA tutors is a must.

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 27-Oct-12 17:54:13

A couple of MONTHS?

What happened?

SOSSEN know the area and boroughs well. I consulted with them.

And as you know I've done quite substantial work on this myself recently.

In the meantime do have a look at Rainbow ABA school and visit.
You might like to take advantage of the coming Jan applications and book yourself onto one or two school open days if you have any leads.

I'm happy to talk more but rather not do too much on the open board.

Dev9aug Sat 27-Oct-12 18:41:33

Thanks star. I will PM you.

Dev9aug Sun 28-Oct-12 20:15:37

Thanks again Star have read up stuff on the SOSSEN website and it was just what I needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now