Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

School. Don't want him to go.....

(5 Posts)
Liliuk Thu 25-Oct-12 22:00:02

Hi Everybody,
After almost 1 year of fighting LEA for the school that I thought I wanted for my little ASD boy, it turns out that what I want more is to keep him at home with me and carry on ABA....Sometimes not sure went into this for the sake of making the LEA realise that they are not supreme beings able to decide what is best for your own child. Now I am confused not sure, I am going to miss him so much. How do you cope with separation anxiety, when it is you who have it, and not necessarily your child...

mariammma Thu 25-Oct-12 22:51:10

Make a list of pros and cons. With strong feelings adding double scores to any given item. You need to know whether this is a rock-solid instinctive maternal knowledge that school isn't right just yet.... Or just a temporary wibble....

zzzzz Thu 25-Oct-12 23:20:49

maria makes good sense.

I had huge reservations about sending mine.

Dh feels it was a positive thing, I wish we had gone our own way.

I make lists of pros/cons too, I also pretend I have made the decision and see how I feel each way.

PipinJo Thu 25-Oct-12 23:33:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Liliuk Sat 27-Oct-12 13:00:19

Thank you for your responses. Ms Ds not very strong on social skills with children but good with adult, so he seems to see through other children, and is not yet at the level to tell me how he feels. So hard but you are right, his needs before mine, just so hard to really know what it is. Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now