Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Occupational therapy assessment. . Yes or No

(6 Posts)
sweetteamum Thu 25-Oct-12 14:44:41

I've thought about getting dd assessed by the OT but not sure if its worth it or even how I go ahead and organise it.

I'm in the St Helens LEA and just been refused stat assessment. But I feel she needs help with organisation too.

Would this make any difference to her life. I'm really lacking knowledge so any advice is really appreciated.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 25-Oct-12 15:48:09

I would say definitely worth it! Can you not self refer? Perhaps ring your GP's receptionist and see if they'll give you the phone number? If not, go via your GP for a referral.

PolterGoose Thu 25-Oct-12 16:54:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mymatemax Thu 25-Oct-12 17:22:19

YES, YES YES. The OT's have been the most amazing group of people we have encountered in DS2'S 10yrs.
They do so much more than just look at organisational/functional skills.

Over the years they have helped us with equipment, therapy, education, physical therapy for both gross & fine motor difficulties, sensory therapy, behaviour, anxiety etc etc.
They have identified issues with ds2 that we thought were just "him" which were indicators of other issues that can be helped.

A goog OT worth their weight in gold!

coff33pot Thu 25-Oct-12 19:07:16

Yes it is well worth Persuing I have found the OT to be the best of the bunch smile

sweetteamum Thu 25-Oct-12 20:40:34

Well, it seems a no-brainer then. Thank you all so much smile

I'll get details tomorrow and see how to arrange it. What kids of things do they do when they assess?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now