Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Lapland UK - as inaccessible as ever :(

(6 Posts)
Glitterknickaz Thu 25-Oct-12 13:48:37

Mum heard that Lapland UK were holding a Superstar Day for people with additional needs.

We'd looked into going before but as it was completely unaffordable for us given that we're carers for our 3 disabled children had to forget about it.

Only it turns out that it's on a school day (Wed 5th Dec) and it's £39.50 a head, including for the carers, no discounts at all despite the fact we cannot access it without a carer each for the 3 kids.

So... wonder how many people are going to take it up on that premise? Not very accessible at all really is it?

bialystockandbloom Thu 25-Oct-12 14:00:01

Wow that is expensive - and appalling that there are no concessions at all for carers, ffs. "Superstar" day - pah.

Glitterknickaz Thu 25-Oct-12 14:01:44

I know. Such a shame our kids get excluded this way.

bialystockandbloom Thu 25-Oct-12 15:16:08

The more I think about this the more disgusting it is - totally exclusive. 1 adult could probably take 3 (non-disabled) children on their own depending on age/how sensible the kids are. So by necessity, two additional carers going have to pay an extra £90 just so the party can go at all.

Also can't understand how they can charge £40 a head in the first place tbh.

Glitterknickaz Thu 25-Oct-12 15:30:13

It's just wrong. They were blowing their trumpets in the national press. I've a mind to call the paper that was publicising it tbh.

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 25-Oct-12 15:31:43

Woah! That's some crazy pricing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now