Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DDs funding was agreed she goes in on Monday :) :(

(31 Posts)
coff33pot Thu 25-Oct-12 11:29:08

just got phone call and they said her funding for the rehab has been accepted. She has a choice of tomorrow or Monday. I said Monday to give is chance to pack and prepare.

I have to tell her now oh boy I don't know wether to smile or cry...

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 25-Oct-12 12:30:46

Oh good luck, - and bloody well done!

Hope she receives the news well.

DameMargotFountain Thu 25-Oct-12 12:33:20

big hugs and tight squeezes for you coff

it's a good thing, but i hear your hurt in this

thanks

imogengladhart Thu 25-Oct-12 13:15:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 25-Oct-12 13:17:04

hope all goes well coffee (((hugs)))

frizzcat Thu 25-Oct-12 13:47:12

Fantastic coff - deep breathe lovely

Glitterknickaz Thu 25-Oct-12 13:49:07

xxx

chocjunkie Thu 25-Oct-12 13:49:45

oh great, coff. hope it all goes well smile

Iceflower Thu 25-Oct-12 15:48:50

So pleased to hear this, hope it goes well.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 25-Oct-12 15:54:33

That's great news, coff. About time. Have a lovely weekend with her. xxx

CaramelAndCinammon Thu 25-Oct-12 19:15:19

Fantastic news.

Hope this is the start of better things for her.

schobe Thu 25-Oct-12 19:27:05

Really really good news. I lurk but have been following your story and this sounds so positive.

lisad123 Thu 25-Oct-12 19:28:13

That's great news and while scary and hard, it is whats needed x

devientenigma Thu 25-Oct-12 19:34:32

I hope it all goes well for her, for you xxx

coff33pot Thu 25-Oct-12 19:43:14

Thanks all smile

She took it better than I expected. Like she said she needs this placement and has asked enough times but is terrified of the unknown and if they will be able to help her. She is a young girl after all and a lot are older than her there and she has never left my side without panic since small and won't even go on holiday! No matter how much I have suggested it.

Lots of issues stem from the past. Things are blank but she has flashbacks but can't put her finger on when or how long ago. Family therapy will help or hinder as part of her issues are rejection. Her dads family dropped her like a stone when she was small and my inlaws have done the same. Then a more major bad experience on top.

I have faith in this place and the people in it though . Met some of the residents and they all seem a great bunch obviously with their own hills to climb but the can sense the support there smile

bialystockandbloom Thu 25-Oct-12 19:45:11

Oh all the best to her - and you. Really do hope this is the start of better times for you both - onwards and upwards. xx

StillIRise Thu 25-Oct-12 19:45:25

Good news!
Hope it is everything you need for her.

coff33pot Thu 25-Oct-12 19:46:19

3 months is a long time though when you have always had someone under your feet smile I am going to miss her and worry still lol

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 25-Oct-12 19:50:09

Ooo, three months. Hopefully it will be fantastic and will fly by. You can visit, I guess? What about Christmas?

starfish71 Thu 25-Oct-12 19:52:14

That is great news coff33pot! really hope your DD will get loads of help and support there. You have done an amazing job sorting this out for her smile

bialystockandbloom Thu 25-Oct-12 20:22:02

3 months - sounds long but will fly by. Is it nearby? Can she come and stay at home when she wants?

PipinJo Thu 25-Oct-12 20:30:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

coff33pot Thu 25-Oct-12 21:46:38

Plan is she stays within grounds for 2 weeks. No mobiles etc, meds monitored and we were given a great timetable of different therapies and excercises. Even accupunture and yoga of an evening if you want to join in. She shares a bedroom with one other woman for company for the first 6 weeks then progress to having your own room.

After 2 weeks then the programme changes to allow visits to outside interventions and this is where DD can access the eating disorder team once a week and a dietician. She can use local Gym for example. At first they go out with a "buddy" then couple weeks after that they check in and check out for appointment themselves.

Daily structured routine and group work and team work, self esteem building etc. Evening meal is always sat together. Strictly 9 to 5 timetable then tea then visitors are allowed by a pass and I will be able to take her out and return her at 10pm. Visitors are allowed in for an hour so she could have a friend visit then go out for a walk. Basically it will be 3 weeks before I see her.

The idea is eventually she is given a role of "buddy" to someone else to give support and show around.

Everyone has duties to perform in the house and weekends are free days to go out or have family in.

Nice garden, washing self done on rota. Benefits go towards food but allowed pocket money of about £15 week.

No overnight stays out of the building till after week 8 as last four weeks is transition weeks and then they encourage stays with family or back at their flats etc. They will help those that have housing issues contact the correct authorities during those last weeks too.

IF transition is going to take longer then that can be done by them applying for funding for another 4 weeks etc.

It is a nice friendly house and very big.

The timing is good as there are 3 or 4 others with eating disorders too so between them they have their own internal support iyswim. Her only worry is that no one will help her to eat as breakfast and lunch is random and up to you and so she wont bother if she doesnt have to. She doesnt want to leave with still the eating disorder iyswim or she says she will relapse.

Shes a smart girl who knows her vices and her control methods and at least she is half way there. She has managed in this chaotic house to stay free of drugs for 44 days now and it has not been easy so she has already gone through the detox side on her own with just me.

Christmas and her birthday are hard ones as they are close together and we dont know if she will be allowed out so we will have to wait and see.

marchduck Thu 25-Oct-12 21:55:38

Coff, wishing your DD and you all best

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 25-Oct-12 22:00:21

That sounds really good, coff. Worry about Christmas when you get there, but TBH, one Christmas or birthday is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Hopefully she'll be able to see that. Much love x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now