Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone heard of Halo?

(5 Posts)
MissyB12 Thu 25-Oct-12 10:47:11

Hi everyone.I posted a few weeks ago about my 8 yr old DS and how he rarely speaks at school etc..well we had our doctors appointment yesterday and he said he was going to get in touch with 'halo' he said he would have to look as they may of changed their name,but would be touch as they will be able to help with confidence building and such issues.
Does anyone know who these people are? As i've googled and all that comes up is an Amercian site! I should of asked i know but thought he would explain more over our phone call when little ears aren't around! Wondering if any of you could help?

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 25-Oct-12 17:20:26

I haven't heard of it. Is it some kind of pet therapy to reduce anxiety?

MissyB12 Thu 25-Oct-12 17:32:20

I'm really not sure.Would of thought it was something like that though.A friend of mine mentioned that it maybe CAHMS? I will ask when he rings. Thankyou.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Thu 25-Oct-12 17:35:16

CAMHS would make sense. never heard it called Halo. That may just be a local name for it, though.

MissyB12 Thu 25-Oct-12 17:44:55

Yes maybe..he did say he wasn't sure it was still named that.Will have to just wait and see.When you put in Every child matter halo,it comes up with CAMHS though so would make sense.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now