Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Does anyone know educational solicitor that accepts legal aid / Essex, London

(11 Posts)
babiki Tue 23-Oct-12 20:38:22

I have called quite a few companies that stated legal aid on the Law website, but none of them do legal aid anymore...Well still waiting for response from last one, but they thought the chance is small. If you do know, please let me know, otherwise I'll just have to try myself with Ipsea pack smile)

AgnesDiPesto Tue 23-Oct-12 20:46:01

you should be able to ring legal aid and they can give you a list
As legal aid regulations are going to be going through Parliament you could also write to your MP and say how hard it has been to find a solicitor - the govt plans to cut it to 3 firms!

bochead Tue 23-Oct-12 20:46:45

Levenes - google em wink

ohmeohmy Tue 23-Oct-12 20:53:04

try here

Veritate Wed 24-Oct-12 00:43:21

John Ford, Maxwell Gillott, Children's Legal Centre.

babiki Wed 24-Oct-12 08:40:40

Agnes my MP is a Conservative, so didn't even occur to me to try that smile Bochead Levenes also said at the moment legal aid only for crime, I did mention they were recommended for SEN and they are reconsidering and should call back - however did say it's unlikely ;(.

babiki Wed 24-Oct-12 08:41:56

Thank you Veriate and Ohmeohmy - I will look into them.

babiki Wed 24-Oct-12 12:53:24

Bochead Levenes said yes! I'm so happy thank you sooooo much!

bochead Wed 24-Oct-12 13:30:22

thank fook for that!

I used em last time & am currently in full blown denial mode with my fingers in my ears that I may have to use them again shortly.

It's a real weight off my mind to know that when I'm ready to accept the reality of how my LA likes to do things they'll still be there lol!

babiki Wed 24-Oct-12 15:28:58

Yes, hopefully they will keepn in legal aid business smile Sorry to hear about LEA, but not really surprised..

hoxtonbabe Wed 24-Oct-12 16:10:21

3 firms!?! Are they serious. There is only so much a solicitor can take on, and if there are only 3 firms then god help people on low income.

Call the community legal advice, the Education was dealt with Maxwell Gillot until recently, and the contract recently went to some other legal charity type firm but I cant remember the name. MG are not really taking anymore Legal aid cases on, Levenes do take Legal aid, but maybe they are phasing it out so not taking on any new clients.

I can think of a couple others, but I know they are busy as I am trying to get them and have no capacity at the moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now