Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

S. London 1/2 term meet up anyone?

(55 Posts)
bochead Tue 23-Oct-12 15:16:16

Does anyone fancy a coffee at the Horniman's Museum on Thurs 1st November at 10 am?

I'm taking DS & his bessie there for the day, but it would be nice just to say "Hi" if anyone fancies it.

There's a small charge for the aquarium & they've just done up the Gardens, so it should be a fairly nice place to visit - with both indoor and outdoor options to keep the kids entertained.

I thought we could meet in the morning in case it gets too overrun with judgey pants types later in the day. The museum's coffee shop is easy to spot when you arrive.

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 15:21:00

oooh, - I might be able to do this. DH is abroad and I have 3 kids alone over half term, so provided you don't expect me to be in control, coherent or possibly even dressed for that matter, then we might try and get there.

frizzcat Tue 23-Oct-12 15:28:07

Boc - was about to pm you back - I'm still up for this. Any possibility of an am meet up??

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 15:43:04

oh, and just to make sure you understand,

I don't look anything like me apparently (according to all MNers I have met so far)

pinkorkid Tue 23-Oct-12 16:23:54

Sounds great- I've been to the Horniman once a few years ago and remember it was relatively small scale, good if your kids tend to overwhelmed by bigger noisier places. How are we to recognise each other (especially the enigmatic starlight who doesn't look like she should do)? Dark glasses, carrots in buttonholes?

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 16:28:04

I think my flappy chappy, my baby and my precoscious 4yr old girl will probably give me away tbh, - if not, just look for someone still in their pjs.

jussi Tue 23-Oct-12 16:30:22

Oooh, I would quite like to come.have annual pass for the aquarium so need to use it.Not sure how long would manage to stay with 'the group' though!!!

frizzcat Tue 23-Oct-12 17:09:13

What days are good for y'all

cjn27b Tue 23-Oct-12 18:16:58

I'd love to come. Never met any of you before, but know your 'names' from on here. We live very near too.

DS1 was diagnosed with ASD in July and we're pretty new to meeting other parents who know the score, so this would be really nice for us.

bialystockandbloom Tue 23-Oct-12 18:25:36

Yep am up for it.

Jussi glad you saw this, was going to pm you smile

Looking forward to meeting some more local MNers. Star hope you can make it, would be intrigued good to meet you too.

Def think we should all be holding carrots grin

blueShark Tue 23-Oct-12 18:57:02

im not in the south but not that far to pack my trio in the car and join you. Which day did you plan boch (not that I try to divert plans but im coincidently close next Friday)...

hope to see you/meet you there

blueShark Tue 23-Oct-12 18:57:54

ok you said Thursday blush

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 18:58:40

Sorry toothy one, but I have another date with a MNer on the Friday (ooh get me!), - but if Fri suits everyone else, by all means go ahead. Crossing London with 3 small children may not be the best plan anyway.......

frizzcat Tue 23-Oct-12 19:17:48

Star - if we did Friday, would other mn'er like to join?

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 19:50:22

I'm not sure. tbh it IS a bit of a trek so probably not. it's just that I'm insane.

frizzcat Tue 23-Oct-12 20:04:11

Let's wait for everyone to come back and see what days everyone can do and then hopefully we will be able to sort

WarmAndFuzzy Tue 23-Oct-12 21:48:39

I'd really love to go to something like it, and I love the Horniman (and so do the kids!) but half term's totally booked up already. If anything happens in the future though, let me know!

cjn27b Wed 24-Oct-12 15:04:40

Is the final plan for Thursday or Friday? I've got a little muddled!

frizzcat Wed 24-Oct-12 18:44:08

Time for some democratic voting me thinks and majority rules -
So who wants the following:
Thursday AM or
Friday AM

If you could just state ur preference and the day with most votes is the day we meet.

pinkorkid Wed 24-Oct-12 18:53:01

My vote is for Thursday am. (Got hosp appt. on friday am) but could come along later if anyone still there after lunch on the friday...

bochead Wed 24-Oct-12 18:56:31

Thurs am

bialystockandbloom Wed 24-Oct-12 19:14:02

Thursday am for me too.

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 24-Oct-12 19:17:08

LOL - I get the impression that Boch is going on Thurs am regardless since that was the original offer.

I can't do Friday. If I'm still feeling a bit nuts and determined to cross London in rush hour with 3 small children and a buggy then I'll can go on Thurs.

bialystockandbloom Wed 24-Oct-12 20:28:03

Star don't you find it strangely relaxing to do long-ish car journeys even in London traffic with the children strapped in though unable to get to each other and I am in control mwahahaha grin

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 24-Oct-12 21:11:19

I don't drive so it's the other type of journey. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now