Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

They said "buck up, things could be worse"...

(14 Posts)
BeeMom Mon 22-Oct-12 21:46:45

So I did... and sure enough, they got worse sad

Fortunately, things are mostly OK with the DCs, dd's 7th birthday is tomorrow, ds is doing better in school and just aced a project (best in the class).

A year ago today, with birthday plans all ready for dd, we were on our way to the hospital, as she was septic again, and she had a stroke that night. Needless to say, I am a little anxious (this will be her first birthday out of hospital if we manage to make it through tomorrow - nothing is "wrong", I am just a little gun shy).

So...of course, something has to go sideways. DH left for work this morning at 7:30, like he does every day... he rang the house at shortly after 10 to let me know he had just been let go. His company was under contract and there were apparently issues in the negotiations between the higher-ups on both sides. They had not been sharing the issues with dh (he was the branch manager).

Now, we are a family of a disabled mum (I had a spinal cord injury in 2004), 2 children with ASD (one who is also very medically complex) and an unemployed dad. We have lost the medical/prescription benefits we had as well.

Some days it isn't even worth waking up.

lisad123 Mon 22-Oct-12 21:55:15

wine have no words

sweetteamum Mon 22-Oct-12 22:28:56

I'm lost for words sad

BeeMom Mon 22-Oct-12 22:29:26

But you have wine lisad and that is almost as good smile

We have been through rough stuff before, and come out the other side. It is our hope that what we have learned through tough times before will help make this a little easier.

Our biggest concern at the moment is keeping the house and the truck - we moved here for this position. If we can be frugal and stay on top of the bills, we will find a way to make it work.

The timing, however, SUCKS!! Not that there is a good time, but the day before Bee's birthday is particularly stinky.

zzzzz Mon 22-Oct-12 22:33:54

How awful.

Love each other, and hold on.

Honk honk honk honk honk honk honk honk.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Mon 22-Oct-12 22:38:11

Oh, that's pretty shit. sad Great timing, too. Honking for you.

coff33pot Mon 22-Oct-12 23:03:04

no wine here but <chocolates, candles and bubble bath>

Horrid when things happen badly timed. Hope the sun shines tomorrow for Bee's birthday and soon shines quick for you all and things get sorted x

frizzcat Mon 22-Oct-12 23:21:04

Honking for you Bee - have some more wine

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 23-Oct-12 12:01:19

honk honk, what awful timing. Happy birthday to your dd, hope she has a much better day this year wine

bigbluebus Tue 23-Oct-12 14:33:47

Hope things improve for you soon. Happy 7th Birthday to your DD (same day as my DD). Hope you are able to celebrate her birthday at home and put your other worries to one side for the day.

whatthewhatthebleep Tue 23-Oct-12 15:34:30

Honking for you...brew and chocolate and many hugs for each other...stay strong together and remember your blessings xx

ouryve Tue 23-Oct-12 16:51:32

{{{hugs}}}

Not the news you need.

If you're not entitled to free prescriptions, by the way, but have more then 4 per quarter, you can buy a pre-payment certificate, which will save you money in the long term.

pinkorkid Tue 23-Oct-12 16:59:56

Sorry to hear this. Hope tomorrow is a great day for your dd and hope things get better for all the family soon.

Sneezecakesmama Tue 23-Oct-12 18:37:12

O dear, that all sounds awful. Feels like being kicked when you are down sad. Do look into some kind of benefit to help financially. Hoping DH gets a job soon. Can't imagine the stress you are going through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now