Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

freedom of information/data protection act request

(6 Posts)
iwanttoscream Sat 20-Oct-12 10:50:52

Asked for information yesterday from a school that is not the one my dd goes to. How long did you all have to wait? Left my email address and home address, to which one would they normally sent it? Never done one before. I'm sure some of you have done plenty.

chocoluvva Sat 20-Oct-12 11:19:28

The school will be entitled to a reasonable length of time in which to gather the information you've requested and send you it.
If you're asking for complex statistics the school could reasonably claim to need a longer period to collate them.

streakybacon Sat 20-Oct-12 11:28:41

I never did get ds's. The school claimed I already had them, even when Education Welfare investigated on my behalf. I didn't even get his workbooks after he left. Hope you have better luck.

iwanttoscream Sat 20-Oct-12 11:32:43

It's just a letter to the local education authority, saying no to her transferring there in yr 7 as we gave them a long list of questions as to how would they meet her needs. They telephoned that afternoon stating they would write to the local education authority, it's that letter we want a copy of. As we want a special school ,choice 1 or 2 not a mainstream school.

chocoluvva Sat 20-Oct-12 11:41:54

That shouldn't take them very long indeed!
Might it be practical/possible to tell the school that you can collect it in person from the school?
(makes you wonder if they have actually written to the LEA yet).
The other option would be to ask the LEA directly.

inappropriatelyemployed Sat 20-Oct-12 11:58:49

Hi

If your request is for information of your child's school file, the school have 15 school days to respond.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now