Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SA advice please

(3 Posts)
Frenchplait Sat 20-Oct-12 08:22:39

SA six week deadline has passed and physio report has not been submitted. Lea want to go ahead and draft a statement without the report. I don't want to delay but equally I want physio advice to be included. Wwyd?

Lougle Sat 20-Oct-12 08:42:23

Can you contract the physio and ask why there is delay?

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Sat 20-Oct-12 11:05:41

There might be a 6 week deadline for evidence but in any event the draft will not be posted out until the end of 12 weeks (or 16 weeks if assessment over the summer hols). There is also an exemption notice for the Health Services if the evidence is delayed for specific reasons. My appointment with CP was after the deadline and the report was delayed but this had no effect on the overall timetable wrt sending out the draft. It is important to have the report as the statement will cut and paste findings and recommendations. I phoned and chased the NHS to send the report and confirmed its arrival with the LEA but there is so much extra time built in that you need not worry that you are causing delay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now