Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone know how to access additional funding for Dc's on Early Years Action Plus? [work related]

(3 Posts)
Ineedalife Fri 19-Oct-12 14:08:05

Hi all, I read something on here the other day about someone's Dc getting additional funding when they were on Action plus but dont know if it just applies to schools.

I am SENCO in a committee based Preschool, as of yesterday we have 2 Dc's on EYA+ and both require one to one at some points during the session.

Hope someone can helpsmile

AgnesDiPesto Fri 19-Oct-12 14:37:10

There should be info on your council website or your Area SENCO should be able to tell you - may have to google name of the council and P&V settings, should be a written policy

My LA scheme was 1:1 for 50 or 75% of the free hours, plus a top up for working parents to 50/75% of 30 hours. The % depended on how delayed a child was in each EYFS area and how many areas. For 100% you had to apply for a statement

Usually you can only apply twice a year or something stupid like that and it goes to a Panel. Area Senco should come in and go through it with you

Ineedalife Fri 19-Oct-12 15:06:34

Thankyou Agnes. both the children will be funded after christmas and I guess it will take a while to find out how it works in my area.

I will email my EYSEN advisor now.

Lol she will love me last thing on a Friday before half termgrin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: