Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Happy moments

(13 Posts)
zzzzz Thu 18-Oct-12 18:28:31

Two really brilliant things have dropped from the lips of ds1 this week.

As you know we are HE now and ds1 is severely language disordered and has been very rigid controlling angry and plane exhausting for the first part of the year and is slowly returning to his sunny self since finishing school last term.

Well the first is just funny, in response to me saying if he wants something he had better ask me for it, I quote

"I'm not articulate, I'm hungry" grin grin grin grin grin

And the second which has soothed my heart.

"Mama, will you teach me"

because now "teaching" means playing with magical marvelous Montessori apparatus and not spellings and hand cramp and endless criticism.

Strongecoffeeismydrug Thu 18-Oct-12 18:58:56

Awwwwww I'm a sucker for an happy ending smile

megandraper Thu 18-Oct-12 19:01:01

Lovely

Badvoc Thu 18-Oct-12 19:35:52

smile

merlincat Thu 18-Oct-12 19:56:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoHaudinMaWheest Thu 18-Oct-12 19:58:51

oh great. That must be so encouraging.

babiki Thu 18-Oct-12 20:00:03

Lovely smile

hazeyjane Thu 18-Oct-12 20:03:07

Lovely to hear of happy days

<sob> at 'mama, will you teach me' !

coff33pot Thu 18-Oct-12 20:15:42

grin grin I love his dry wit ! grin

Well done little champion! Onwards and upwards! Some of the credit has to go to mummy too of course smile x

marchduck Thu 18-Oct-12 22:48:38

zzzzz, your boy sounds lovely!

zzzzz Thu 18-Oct-12 23:15:57

Thank you all.

If we were out of step at school, I do feel now that we have dropped off the grid!

It helps enormously to be able to tell someone of our teeny triumphs.

I think the last 6 months have been really challenging for me. Ds1 is changeing and we are not heading down any of the paths I thought were open to us. I feel like we are stepping into a void, and it's taken me a ridiculously long year to realise there is still all to play for, and it's a challenge not a maelstrom.

I can't tell you how extraordinary it is for ds1 to be talking at this level. A child who four years ago knew only numbers and colours, no names or nouns at all, who 2 years ago could not ask to go to the loo, who last year was learning pronouns.......and yet as he finds his voice it is not easier. Behaviours which have never really been that big a deal have struck hard, defiance is new, I suspect OCD is stalking us......

.......but there is hope. grin

MyAngelChuckles Fri 19-Oct-12 08:16:35

That's lovely, well done mini zzzzz, and well done you, he is lucky to have a Mummy like you x

coff33pot Fri 19-Oct-12 08:35:48

Defiance is a toughie on dc and the mum x

Half of it is the battle with change and he has been through the mill with school plus he is relaxing and finding his feet in life because he trusts you. We had amazing outbursts when ds was initially at home and I think all the pent up stress had to come out some way.

Expressing his opinion is a wonderful step, the right and wrong way of how to express it is a whole new new phase for our DCs grin

Keep your hair on mum you are doing great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now