Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Annual Review - frequency question.

(7 Posts)
starfishmummy Thu 18-Oct-12 18:24:21

DS's annual reviews were always in March (occasionally April) then this year it was in February. So now we have been invited to his next one in November! This seems way too early to us, does anyone known they can do it so early?

starfishmummy Thu 18-Oct-12 18:25:28

Oops - know if they can do it so early

bigbluebus Thu 18-Oct-12 19:28:57

How old is your DS? I think they moved my Ds's review date the year we had to apply for a secondary school place. They usually only change it if there is a good reason or they need an interim review. They changed DD's one year with no explaination. I queried it - it was an admin error.

starfishmummy Thu 18-Oct-12 20:11:56

He's year 10. It's time to think of post y11 I think as our invite says that if he will be leaving at the end of year 11 someone from connexions will attend - but we haven't actually been asked if he intends to leave so i am not sure how they know whether to ask connexions or not!

Veritate Thu 18-Oct-12 21:42:18

They have to ask Connexions to annual review meetings at this age.

Lougle Thu 18-Oct-12 21:50:04

I think the change will be because they have to make any arrangements by the 15th of February in the year prior to the transistion year. If they waited until February to hold the review, they wouldn't have time to process the changes by the 15th and would be breaking the law.

starfishmummy Thu 18-Oct-12 22:49:14

Thanks both, I guess that makes sense - we can't go on the date they have set, (which always happens) so there is time to rearrange. Of course then we will have the usual argument getting the reports in time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now