Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Children with Special Educational Needs: An analysis - 2012

(9 Posts)
HotheadPaisan Thu 18-Oct-12 15:49:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheTimeTravellersWife Thu 18-Oct-12 16:03:21

Thank you - looks interesting - I will have a read later.

(Just a thought, I could never have predicted 10 years ago that I would be interested in the statistical analysis of children with SEN! Until that is, I had a child with SEN myself.......)

AgnesDiPesto Thu 18-Oct-12 17:28:44

They have left out all the LA info again
So much for transparency
2 years ago it was broken down by LA and type of SEN and we were able to see how much poorer ASD children were doing than any other SEN in our LA and hold them to account
Now they have lumped it all together, even though lots of people including Sharon Hodgson MP complained
LAs still have to give them the info; they have just chosen not to make it public

Veritate Thu 18-Oct-12 21:59:17

Those statistics on exclusion rates for children with SEN but not statements are frightening.

Messycressy Fri 19-Oct-12 14:06:01

I am new to this having just joined mumsnet so hope this is appropriate! Does anyone know about getting a statement of special education needs for a child with articulatory/verbal dyspraxia? My son is almost 4 and has recently been diagnosed with this condition. Pre-school staff and speech therapists say it will be very hard to get special support in primary school when he starts next September. I am very concerned about how he will cope and what support will be available to him as his condition seems, to me, to be pretty severe. My son can only say one syllabul words and struggles with many - relying considerably on signing. He can't generally put more than 2 words together. Thanks.

HotheadPaisan Fri 19-Oct-12 14:48:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AgnesDiPesto Fri 19-Oct-12 14:50:21

Messy you could look at AFASIC website there may be some info on there

mariammma Fri 19-Oct-12 22:43:52

Yep, developing the skills to analyse government datasets wasn't what I'd predicted as a spin-off from motherhood.

Messycressy Mon 22-Oct-12 09:35:55

Thanks to HotheadPaisan and AgnesDiPesto. Very grateful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now