Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.
would you contact the lea or just leave them to it?(6 Posts)
im appealing parts 2 3 and 4 - lea have to respond by 31st october.
current school cannot meet his needs - i have found another school which only opened in sept. LA did not accept our OT report so commisioned their own - LA have moved very very slowly despite lots of pressure from school and other people including my MP.
Last correspondence i had from LA was on 21st sept when they said they were visiting my school on 11th october and were awaiting the OT report - they would keep me updated.
OT report finally appeared last monday - so been about 10 days and school visit now a week ago and still silence. their OT report is even worse than ours and highlights even more areas of concern.
part of me wants to email them to find out what is going on and if they have made a decision if he can move to my school choice. otherwise looks like i will have to wait to the 31st when they respond to the tribunal. my son is only in school part time - we have had private SALt report done which also highlights o many issues - have ed psych (ours) due to go in on 12th nov and i would much rather get this all sorted out before then to save us the exspense but it the LA refuse to agree to our school then looks like it is tribunal. our school is 8.5k a year plus travel which will be about 10k a year - current school he has 32.5 hours support but pointless cos he cannot access school full time
is there any point in emailing them or just wait - it is there complete lack of information coming back i find the most frustrating but i know they are doing it to all parties involved so its not just me.
They will emal you in the afternoon of the 31st with their response - it is what they do....
think im just going to send a very general email asking for an update - its been 4 weeks since they late had any formal contact and said they would let me know as soon as there was any news - think 4 weeks is quite a long time to leave us completely in the dark - im not hopeful as if they were seriously considering our school choice i would have thought some contact by now would have been for us all to meet and sort it out.
Our LEA had updated advice from our paeditrician and didn't pass it on to us or the tribunal, they are full of dirty ticks esp when a big bad parent takes them to tribunal (unfortunately for the LEA I happened to find this out and get a copy of this to send to the tribunal).
Why is your son only in school part time? Is it their idea or yours? If the school either instigated it or agreed it, that seems like a straight admission that they cannot meet his needs.
he is 9 and cannot cope with school - he has severe sensory processing issues along with the autism and adhd - he cannot cope with children touching or even looking at him - he started vomiting repeatedly at school so i was being called to collect him - finally it got so bad he was signed off for a week and then gp signed him off for teh afternoons so he attends mornings only. school have said they cannot meet his needs, lea accept that tehy need to find him a new school but have not suggested any school that can meet his needs so he remains stick part time at his current school so that he can get some form of education. LA wanted their own OT report - we waited months for them to do it whilst they then finalised his statement making very few amendments - we waited all summer for them to do something but they did nothing so we lodged the appeal - we then told them about the school we had found and again tehy have delayed as long as possible to visit it. they now have everything that they said they needed and they still refuse to speak to us or do anything so it is stalemate - i did email them earlier and am now awaiting a reply.....
Join the discussion
Please login first.