Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DD1 was included!!!!

(11 Posts)
Lougle Wed 17-Oct-12 20:46:34

I had to share with you.

DD2 goes to 'Dance Kids' at her MS infant school. Today is the last session for this half-term and parents were invited to watch for the last 15 minutes of the session.

DD1 was really exhausted this morning, an emotional wreck, and when I phoned the school to ask them to keep an eye on her, they suggested that I keep her home, because they don't want her to get ill as she did last year.

So, we went along to watch the dance. DD3 (3.6) was stood next to me nicely. DD1 was sat in her buggy nicely. DD1 was transfixed, and started trying to copy the moves. She then asked to get out of her buggy. She stood next to me, trying to copy the moves, then the dance teacher noticed, and said that DD1 & DD3 could join in.

DD1 did 10 minutes of beautiful listening, copying moves to the best of her ability, and trying really very hard to do what she was meant to do.

I was close to tears, because she was included in a mainstream activity without begging grin

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Wed 17-Oct-12 20:54:56

Aw, something in my eye. smile

SilkStalkings Wed 17-Oct-12 20:56:52

Lovelygrin

Strongecoffeeismydrug Wed 17-Oct-12 20:57:55

Close to years, I would have drowned the little dancers with my tears smile well done dd1 but also well done teacher

Ineedalife Wed 17-Oct-12 21:17:10

grin, lovely, thanks for postinggrin

Badvoc Wed 17-Oct-12 21:26:14

smile lovely

RinkyDinkyDoo Wed 17-Oct-12 21:48:05

Lovely,just lovely.x

coff33pot Wed 17-Oct-12 23:53:21

oh Lougle thats brilliant! Well done to the teacher and the little groover! grin

BeeMom Thu 18-Oct-12 03:29:27

* sniff, sniff * Is someone cutting onions?

What a beautiful thing to be a part of. Hold it close in your heart on rough days...

MyAngelChuckles Thu 18-Oct-12 16:23:01

It's lovely to read news like this, well done to the teacher who included her and your DD for doing so well smile

mariammma Fri 19-Oct-12 23:55:29

grin. Is Santa going to bring tutus for 3 little girls?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now