Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

red krill oil...and adhd...???

(3 Posts)
whatthewhatthebleep Sun 14-Oct-12 16:20:21

I saw an ad on TV about Red Krill Oil and wonder who knows anything, using it maybe, experience of it, is it worthwhile asking the GP about this for my DS with ADHD....

Did try omega 3 fish oil years ago but didn't see much of a difference to DS so stopped useing

Anyone know more about this at all...using it at all??

mummytime Sun 14-Oct-12 16:43:35

It basically is a good source of Omega 3 oils, which can help with ADHD if you take in the right proportions.

I would be concerned on environmental grounds, as krill is the little plankton which most of the rest of the food chain, especially in the antarctic, depend.

whatthewhatthebleep Sun 14-Oct-12 16:59:00

yes I've read up a bit on it...it's sustainability protocols and limitations are apparently tight on it so the impact is meant to be very controlled according to the info I found.

I just haven't heard from anyone actually using it and wondered if anyone was and how they have found it so far....esp for ADHD

There was so much said about omega 3 fish oils but I can't find out much about this, esp in children.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now