Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DGS is singing!!!

(8 Posts)
corkysgran Fri 12-Oct-12 18:01:38

My beautiful DGS, age 4, ASD and additional, still not talking, has started singing. Sang the whole of 'Roly Poly' and did the actions. Never been a prouder mum or grandma. Just wanted to share xx

Ineedalife Fri 12-Oct-12 18:38:41

Aaahhh bless himsmile

There is a lot to be said from musicsmile

Ineedalife Fri 12-Oct-12 18:39:02

or even for musicblush

Twowillbefine Fri 12-Oct-12 21:16:15

Fab! DS1 (ASD) was non-verbal until past 4 and I can totally remember how brilliant it was when he first made a vague attempt at 'If you're happy and you know it'. I am hard-hearted smile but my mum cried.

Dev9aug Fri 12-Oct-12 21:25:44

Ooh, well done, I know exactly how you feel as ds1 has only started singing songs(well tunes) of his favourite songs.smile

corkysgran Fri 12-Oct-12 21:30:21

Have to admit I cried too ...

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Fri 12-Oct-12 22:34:44

Ooo, my DS2 with ASD, loved action songs. Anything to get him interacting with you. Copy his actions and see if he enjoys that. Perhaps he'll let you start another favourite song and join in with your actions?

bialystockandbloom Fri 12-Oct-12 22:41:13

Oh how lovely. You have every right to be proud as punch. Music has such an amazing effect doesn't it. He'd probably love the Wiggles though you would live to regret it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now