Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Thank you Laurel & Hardy

(7 Posts)
nothinginthefridge Fri 12-Oct-12 17:22:16

Can't remember where I read it, it could well have been on here (and thanks guys if it was), so decided to buy a DVD of Laurel & Hardy.

DS (12) struggles to understand a lot of the comedy type programmes on TV, asking constantly what is meant.

But he got Laurel & Hardy!!! I even asked him to predict what might happen next and he often could tell me exactly what would happen [proud mum].

I think the slower pace of the DVD gave him chance to process what was happening.

Anyway he wants the box set now grin

SallyBear Fri 12-Oct-12 17:38:38

It could unleash the inner comic! He'll be wanting Frank Spencer "Some mothers do 'ave 'em" box set soon! grin

nothinginthefridge Fri 12-Oct-12 19:01:15

Yikes grin

marjproops Fri 12-Oct-12 19:28:36

Ha ha. Mine loves Charlie Chaplin! good old fashioned slapstick. She loves modern stuff too though.

moosemama Fri 12-Oct-12 21:50:54

Ah yes, slapstick.

Ds1 loves it - that and things like the dreaded 'You've Been Framed' and 'Total Wipeout'. hmm grin

coff33pot Sat 13-Oct-12 00:26:31

Another one to look out for is called "The Plank" Tommy Cooper is in it and Eric Sykes too I think. Its silent and hilarious! grin

MotherJack Sat 13-Oct-12 00:39:31

Mine loves "You've Been Framed" too. Can' say it doesn't make me laugh either... I like to think of it as schadenfreude grin

I remember Jeremy Vine assuming that Daniel Tammet didn't like comedy in an interview... which Daniel scoffed at, correcting him that he loved laughing, but it was at slapstick comedy as it was instant with nothing between the lines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now