Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Mediation thread, an apology.

(8 Posts)
Jamillalliamilli Fri 12-Oct-12 13:11:53

I apologise if my post on this thread was inappropriate or the cause of it’s removal.
I hope it wasn't but have told it may have been, in which case I'm truly sorry that I'm a total klutz. sad

My interest in the subject and people’s views on it, was about trying to help get parents of SEN children a better deal when mediation before tribunal becomes mandatory, and not facing the sorts of issues I faced when I went for it. I’m sorry.

inappropriatelyemployed Fri 12-Oct-12 13:15:37

Was that the SEN Mediation thread? I don't know what happened with that. I just stopped reading it as the bloke was annoying me - thought he'd only popped on to her to drum up business and he didn't seem to know his arse from his elbow about the law relating to SEN.

What happened?

Jamillalliamilli Fri 12-Oct-12 13:37:11

I don't know. I may be wrong, but I'm not sure he was trying to drum up business, more defend mediation as a practice?

My opinion to the O/P's question was probably not for her at this time, in this situation.

I actually agree with the theory of it all, it's just the reality for many parents is different, and I feel the mediation industry doesn't actually get this, because it only see's it from his rather fluffy perspective, and I was hoping to explore what could make it more useful and usable for parents, as we're potentially not going to have a choice in the future.

(For the record, I'm not a mediator, I do voluntary work for a good mediation service, I'm a parent with 2 s/n children, and I've been through a difficult mediation with a 'tricksy' LEA)

Jamillalliamilli Fri 12-Oct-12 13:43:11

and it wasn't my intention to upset or offend anyone.

Jerbil Fri 12-Oct-12 13:49:22

Up to the point where I last read I thought there had been an open and honest discussion with regard to the subject. I was the o/p and was extremely pleased with all the different opinions being shared from both sides of the fence.

How ironic it is that a thread of such a nature gets dropped! So the mediation on here didn't work! I have no idea why it was pulled. But just hope that my own situation doesn't end up the same way.

Jamillalliamilli Fri 12-Oct-12 14:00:07

Jerbil, I'm really sorry it's been pulled, and am quite unnerved tbh,
It was suggested to me that you'd possibly pulled it as I'd offended you, so I guess at least it wasn't that.

I was very careful not to say anything of what actually went on in our mediation, so no legal reason for it being pulled, very odd!

Jerbil Fri 12-Oct-12 14:08:07

Don't worry and don't apologise. I have no idea as I said before don't know if I'm able to find out why either.

Jerbil Fri 12-Oct-12 14:13:00

I found it. Confused now? Was it my post you thought had been pulled?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now