Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SN trolley, instead of dirty shoes ;)

(8 Posts)
lisad123 Thu 11-Oct-12 19:39:40

There was a thread earlier in the week about kids in trolleys in supermarket. I admit I was rather naughty and my wit got the better of me BUT in my defence there were a few egging me on ;)

Anyhoo I used a SN trolley this week and it was awful!! Like trying to push a bus! The man stared at me when I grabbed it and strapped dd2 in it and we did get some funny looks blush
Dd was facing me so was nice to be able to chat to her and she enjoyed it.

I was going to update other thread but its gone

ouryve Thu 11-Oct-12 19:59:46

those trolleys are horrendous to steer - they stay put while you walk round in a circle in an attempt to turn them!

bigbluebus Thu 11-Oct-12 21:06:41

Is this the thread you were looking for lisad
here

UnChartered Thu 11-Oct-12 21:09:43

i was on that thread too, OP

DD hates sitting in the trolley 'backwards'

when she was small enough to sit in the seat, i used to push it back to front to stop her screaming - another reason they don't work wink

starfishmummy Thu 11-Oct-12 21:22:37

I agree about the steering. DS will also get out given half a chance. Its just easier to shop without him

CwtchesAndCuddles Fri 12-Oct-12 10:34:54

They are a godsend for me - ds loves going in one. They are a bit hard to steer but I get a work out as I shop!!!

Triggles Fri 12-Oct-12 10:54:05

DH insists they steer like a wheelchair, not a trolley, which is why they are odd to steer.

DrWhoExterminatesMyBrain Fri 12-Oct-12 11:12:03

Must of missed the thread in question very curious though as ds 6 goes in the trolly (takes up the whole thing!) is there issue with doing this then?

never seen a SN trolly i dont think but although ds has sensory issues and i do post in here i suppose i dont think of ds as being special needs as hes not diagnosed with anything hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now