Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Starlight - how did it go with dd's nice teacher and the sparkly peg picture?

(8 Posts)
shoppingbagsundereyes Wed 10-Oct-12 21:27:00

Have been wondering...

GhostofMammaTJ Wed 10-Oct-12 23:54:19

Me too!! Come on Starlight, your public awaits!!

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 11-Oct-12 15:03:15

Oh, thanks for asking.

Fab teacher put both on the wall together. grin

But I submitted photo with dd wearing her favourite hair things etc. just in case.

So next questions for this parenting NT malarkey:

1) She gets upset every day when I pick her up because all the other parents bring snacks and I don't. I don't want to either, but currently we spend the whole journey home arguing about it.

2) Each DAY she brings home a number of painted things, boxes, bottle etc. etc. I am running out of patience with the whole 'oh, wow, let's find a special place for that beautiful half-painted rice-crispie box'.

UnChartered Thu 11-Oct-12 15:04:39

ah, the production line of modelling grin

would a photo and special album to put them in help?

StarlightMcKenzie Thu 11-Oct-12 15:08:11

Oh thank God unchartered, for that idea.

I don't know where my brain has gone tbh. I used to be great at imaginative solutions but not when it comes to dd.

zzzzz Thu 11-Oct-12 15:24:05

For the paper creations a piece of string hung against the wall and 6 or 7 special (felt tip smiles) clothes pegs. Art is exchanged at the wall of fame. Then put in a cardboard box in the garage consigned to the bonfire

neverputasockinatoaster Thu 11-Oct-12 19:16:10

We do pictures of special models and some paintings go on the cupboard doors in the kitchen.

Re the snack..... I didn't want to either but I did find that after a day at school both of mine needed a small boost and most definitely a drink as neither of them drink enough at school. I'm talking a few bread sticks, an apple, a carrot sort of thing. I've never done sweets. I tried not to but I found them to be less awful if I did so I gave in!

shoppingbagsundereyes Thu 11-Oct-12 19:31:00

I've been taking breadsticks to pick up for my two dc. I think they don't drink enough at school/pre school and are so busy they are hungrier than if they were at home. Take an apple, breadsticks, rice cakes?
So pleased with fab teacher. Makes you feel so good when it is clear your child is liked. I spent two years at ds' old school knowing the staff sighed whenever ds was mentioned. Now he is at new school it is clear the teacher really likes him and is delighted when he does well. Makes me much less anxious.
Re the craft stuff - dd is a prolific crafter (also strange for me as ds only ever made stuff when coerced). I tend to put things up for a couple of weeks then replace with new stuff. She never seems to notice that I've ditched stuff as she has moved on to being excited about the latest creation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now