Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

SEN law changes - IPSEA response

(11 Posts)
bochead Wed 10-Oct-12 11:48:05

www.ipsea.org.uk/AssetLibrary/News/IPSEA%20commentary%20on%20draft%20SEN%20provisions.pdf?dm_i=PWP,ZXPD,3ZPDDV,314BH,1

I like the layout of this doc - easy to see what's what. Hoping it will help others ponder their own responses.

alison222 Wed 10-Oct-12 11:59:53

Wow - this is very clear on a quick scan of it.

inappropriatelyemployed Wed 10-Oct-12 12:03:40

That is great!

1950sthrowback Wed 10-Oct-12 12:39:51

that was worth waiting for - I'm getting me pen out now to write to my MP - and the one in a neighbouring borough that the husband has had some dealings with - hope he'll forget that we aren't actually his constituents smile

PassionateMum Wed 10-Oct-12 18:41:40

Totally get it now!! Have sent it to all I know. Feel that I can rely on it as being right. Not easy reading and you have to think to yourself why spend the money if it is not going to fundementally change things?

TheTimeTravellersWife Wed 10-Oct-12 19:21:11

Yes, I found IPSEA's response very clear (very worrying too) and a great help in framing my own response.

bochead Wed 10-Oct-12 22:20:32

bumping cos I don't want people to miss the deadline.

TheTimeTravellersWife Thu 11-Oct-12 08:52:35

Bumping too! Deadline is noon today. Here is the link to the page, if anyone needs it
www.parliament.uk/business/committees/committees-a-z/commons-select/education-committee/news/new-inquiry-sen/

I have sent my thoughts to the committee (although I missed the deadline by an hour, I have been ill and am only able to use an Ipad so it has been tricky) and also to my local MP. The IPSEA stuff was very useful.

AgnesDiPesto Thu 11-Oct-12 13:19:37

Phew I cobbled together some half-arsed response by 11.45.
Wish I had more time to do this properly.
Never mind we can give Timpson a grilling instead.

I suspect mine will get binned as it wasn't properly formatted, I didn't read the guidelines properly, it took ages faffing about on an Ipad. They don't make it easy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now