Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

ICO - are there no decent oversight bodies?

(4 Posts)
inappropriatelyemployed Mon 08-Oct-12 17:27:43

I have two complaints with the ICO - both of which I have had to apply for a review of the very poor decision issued (big junks of evidence ignored, the law incorrectly applied).

I have asked for disclosure from the file for my complaint against my Council after I found (via an LGO complaint) that they were circulating nasty emails saying I was harrassing staff at school etc. All of it is bollocks.

My solicitor asked for disclosure of all the information from the LA file last year. They didn't disclose these emails. But, guess what? They happily produced them to the LGO to slur me.

Anyway, the disclosure I now have from the ICO shows their investigation consisted of 2 emails - one saying I had made a complaint, the other sending the complaint. That is it.

The final response from the LA was some bit of crap about the emails which is basically just repeated in the ICO investigator's final report. No questions asked.

It didn't bother the ICO that these scurrilous emails weren't disclosed in accordance with the DPA when requested or that they were processed for no other reason than to slur me. I wouldn't have even known about them had I not got DPA disclosure from the LGO.

What a disgrace! Moral of the story - always make a DPA request

tryingtokeepintune Mon 08-Oct-12 23:09:26

Thanks - Was going to suggest a friend do an ico request but now will tell her not to expect anything.

Really had hopes that they'd be more effective when I heard they fined herts quite a substantial sum of money for breaches of DPA.

Well, should have known.

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 08-Oct-12 23:11:25

when did they fine herts? <needs to rake over the gory details>

tryingtokeepintune Mon 08-Oct-12 23:39:43

Understand the sentiment completely Star - here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now