Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Recommend cheap iPad case?

(9 Posts)
Iatemyskinnyperson Sat 06-Oct-12 18:08:42

Hi
A kind relative has bought my ds2 an iPad (he has ASD)
Can anyone recommend a good cheap cover to protect it? The lady in the shop was trying to sell me a rubbery one but it was €50!! There must be cheaper alternatives...

Thanks

UnChartered Sat 06-Oct-12 18:11:08

we don't have an iPad, but i know people from our local spectrum support group are recommending this www.tabtoob.com/

davidsotherhalf Sat 06-Oct-12 19:13:23

my dd has an ipad and she got a case and screen protectors from £1 shop, depends what model ipad you have

AgnesDiPesto Sat 06-Oct-12 19:25:21

we bought an otterbox defender one which was about £35 a few years ago - I see they have updated it (defender 2) so Amazon are now selling the old ones (defender1) for £15.99. I have to say it was worth every penny. It has been thrown with force many times and survived.

theDudesmummy Sat 06-Oct-12 20:22:42

DS has been through several iPad cases including one that was supposed to be "military grade and used in Afghanistan". (that one lasted about 3 weeks!). Now have Otterbox defender and it seems worth every penny I must say.

Sneezecakesmama Sat 06-Oct-12 22:40:38

Second the otterbox or something very similar. iPads hate being dropped on the corners apparently it cracks their glass

Iatemyskinnyperson Mon 08-Oct-12 10:16:42

Thanks a million, will look at both of those xx

Dev9aug Mon 08-Oct-12 10:31:58

We bought an otter box defender and it is/was really good. Fortunately ds1 is quite good at holding on to it as he knows the moment he lets go, we will take it away so we are not using it at the moment but would consider it if he gets rough.

moondog Mon 08-Oct-12 17:37:02

Crikey with regards to fate of military grade one!
Quite a few people I work with have bought these Big Grips ones from the lovely lovely people at Inclusive Technology.

They are very robust and look cool-not Special Needsy at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now