Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Have some good news and some still waiting news for DD

(24 Posts)
coff33pot Sat 06-Oct-12 13:57:48

Someone has finally listened! If DDs ESA goes through which it will then funding can be arranged for a 12 week residential place in County smile

Addaction rang a certain place and they said they do not see why she cant be admitted there as long as outside proffs come in and cover what they cant do due to complexity. So she will have 2 weeks solid therapy then day release to attend eating disorder intensive support on top.

There is a waiting list as only houses 12 but it looks a lovely place from the virtual tour and vid. Was told there is a good turn around there too.

Second opinion being sought re dx of disordered eating by the MH Team themselves the PTSD, anxiety and multi impulsiveness on self harming methods but one person still thinks the eating side is annorexia.

We are VERY happy with this outcome as you can imagine and now have something to aim for smile

Her MRI results took longer to come back and dd now has to have blood marking tests and if normal then lumbar puncture test for tumour/cyst. If that comes back normal then will re do MRI contrast in a year to finally confirm it is a benign cyst. So still a worrying time for DD that we cant cross off but I am praying they are normal right now when she has them done.

coff33pot Sat 06-Oct-12 13:59:45

the other dxs still stand but still thinks annorexia on top rather than disordered eating.

Also means if in county after 2 weeks I will be allowed to visit her and take her out for a short time in the evenings smile

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 06-Oct-12 14:05:02

Oh Thank God Coff. Keep on top of this though. You know how things can be........

Sounds like good news at last! Fingers crossed it comes through for you.

SallyBear Sat 06-Oct-12 15:03:17

Delighted for you all smile

UnChartered Sat 06-Oct-12 15:04:52

at last some positive movement for you all

great news x

TirednessKills Sat 06-Oct-12 15:37:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Sat 06-Oct-12 15:41:06

That sounds more positive. smile Still thinking of you all. X

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Sat 06-Oct-12 16:52:45

some good news at last x

moosemama Sat 06-Oct-12 19:21:51

Pleased you have some good news at last Coff.

Thinking of you and sending you all much love and light x

auntevil Sat 06-Oct-12 20:18:12

Brilliant news. Shame it had to get to the stage it did without this offer of support. Brilliant job in supporting your DD smile

chuckeyegg Sun 07-Oct-12 07:32:27

I've been following what's been happening, good news!

Best wishes to you and you family. x

Iceflower Sun 07-Oct-12 08:54:32

That sounds very hopeful, thank you for updating as I think about you smile

PedanticPanda Sun 07-Oct-12 08:57:29

Yay that's great news smile

coff33pot Sun 07-Oct-12 20:23:25

Thanks a lot guys smile The mood in the household has been lighter for all so it has been a good weekend as everyone now has something to aim at. Now got an appointment tues with a eating disorder dietician who apparently can do supportive therapy when DD goes in so thats another up smile

NoHaudinMaWheest Sun 07-Oct-12 20:45:38

Glad something positive is happening at last.

zzzzz Sun 07-Oct-12 21:48:29

coffee grin

Thank God.

coff33pot Mon 08-Oct-12 12:02:20

Call today guided tour round the place this thurs. so it's definitely moving smile

zzzzz Mon 08-Oct-12 13:25:23

HOooooooOOOOoooooooOOooooooonk

Triumphant goosein'.

grin

zzzzz Mon 08-Oct-12 13:38:57

Actually reading that back it sounds a bit rude. blush

Sorry all I appear to have goosed mnsn!

<I die of shame.>. But do rediscover ><>< stuff.

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Mon 08-Oct-12 16:13:18

Trust zzzzz to lower the tone! grin

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 08-Oct-12 16:17:01

Great Coff! How is she now?

signandsmile Mon 08-Oct-12 19:15:47

great news coff, and ROFL at being goosed by zzzz grin

coff33pot Mon 08-Oct-12 19:51:25

grin grin one over excited Tarzan methinks! haha!

She is fine as can be expected Star smile
I think the correct word for it would be relieved. She has a target to aim for and that is good.

She has got as far as she can on her own which is more than some and now although up and down like a yo yo thinking they will take this away I can still help her picture on the positive much easier than a few weeks back x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now