Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OTs have done it again!

(1 Post)
steelev48 Thu 04-Oct-12 14:54:13

Hi,

I did a parental-referral for my son to the Children's OT dept as he needs more OT input. He has seen them on and off over the past 6 or 7 years.

The referral was done in June. I had a letter in July stating that it had been accepted and asking me to call in Sept to arrange an appointment for later on in the year. I did this and was told no appointments but I would be called soon to book us in.

I have just come home to a letter from them stating that they have now rejected the referral as my GP is based in a different borough to them (I live on the border of 3 boroughs). They did this last time but at least forwarded it on to the OTs in the same borough as my GP - and then saw him anyway! They haven't done that this time.

So that's 3 months+ that he could have been working his way up a waiting list just wasted. Can they do this (accept then reject it 3 months' later)? To be honest, my other son has seen the OTs in the GPs borough and they are more professional/competent/reliable but I was trying to keep things consistent. The other thing is that the OTs from GP borough cannot visit my son at school whereas the others can. I'm so angry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now