Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

just ordered a DLA claim pack.

(9 Posts)
SheelaNeGig Wed 03-Oct-12 16:27:05

and I'm feeling gloomy about it.

This is prompted by 1. Being skint and 2. Yet another door kicked in.

What do i need to face it? Apart from gin?

dev9aug Wed 03-Oct-12 16:30:58

This will be very useful. Cerebra DLA guide

SheelaNeGig Wed 03-Oct-12 16:34:41

Ah yes. Thanks. Thats what I was after but couldn't remembrr the name and too feeble to google (working nights. Got headache. Poor me).

Anyway. Feel a fraud as she's not thst bad but also realising we make allowances constantly and she's just not like other 14yr olds. So we shall see.

starfish71 Wed 03-Oct-12 16:45:12

Have just had DLA awarded for DS1 13, aspergers so it can be done. Don't feel a fraud filling it in, it is only when you make notes of how many allowances you make and how 'different' they are to their peers and also how limiting their condition makes their lives.

Still feel really guilty/glad/upset that DS has been awarded...

Good luck with the forms x

TirednessKills Wed 03-Oct-12 17:31:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drypond Wed 03-Oct-12 18:27:46

hi, just wondering how you get a DLA pack, i've put it off and put it off and like you feel a fraud especially as school havent had issues with him yet just a few hiccups goodluck x

hazeyjane Wed 03-Oct-12 18:28:04

give yourself a set amount of time each day to fill a bit in, have chocolate and wine at the ready when you are done. I found it very depressing to do, but had to see it as a job otherwise it was to easy to put it off.

SheelaNeGig Wed 03-Oct-12 18:39:41

Drypond either download or phone. If you phone they will backdate it to the date of request.

Ugh.

Galena Thu 04-Oct-12 12:44:57

I made sure I stated very clearly 'On a bad day blah blah blah. On a better day blah blah blah.' (no bad days and good days - just 'better days') I also included in each box 'A typical x-year old can do x, y and z, so DD needs significantly more support/supervision.

It's horrible focussing on the negative, but you just have to get on with it - explain what life is REALLY like. Then lots of wine once it's done.

DD has a physical disability so obviously different, however, it's very mild compared to a lot of children. We had DLA awarded until 2025 (when she's 16.5), so it is doable. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now