Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What's the best way to share resources on this board?

(12 Posts)
dev9aug Tue 02-Oct-12 23:22:41

I have a Reciprcal imitation training manual which is 11 pages long which I think would be useful for some parents of young children who have been recently Dx with ASD. How do it share it here? I don't really have to paste the whole 11 pages in a post if I don't have to.

dev9aug Tue 02-Oct-12 23:26:28

Come to think of it, would it be useful to have a thread with useful advice with regards to therapy, provision etc which new posters could be pointed towards.

zzzzz Tue 02-Oct-12 23:37:38

I'd really like to share research papers in a more organised way.

dev9aug Tue 02-Oct-12 23:54:00

I have a yahoo group setup to share personal stuff with friends/families. you can upload files, research papers etc and you choose the level of access etc. That would be one way to go, but you will be going away from this board.

dev9aug Tue 02-Oct-12 23:54:57

And I would be very interested in your research papers btw, loved the links which you gave the other day about Montiserri etc.smile

newbrunette Wed 03-Oct-12 09:45:29

Could you set up a Dropbox folder or something? You can then invite people to join (I guess anyone interested could pm you their email addresses first).

zzzzz Wed 03-Oct-12 10:55:28

This is what I am mulling over at the moment.

personal.us.es/cvm/docs/bishop/Bishop2003_Autism_SLI.pdf

I am SO busy at the moment but it seems quite good/pertinent to us.

I mentioned it on another thread and the response was something like "yes I like Bishop", I think to shut me up. So i will be persueing more of her papers now I know they are out there! wink

The Montessori stuff has been a real boon. I am embarrassingly keen on it all. I wish I had the energy to start my own school, but I barely keep my head above water.

dev9aug Wed 03-Oct-12 11:39:39

Thanks zzzzz I will have a read of it this evening.

Thanks newbrunette, Dropbox sounds like a good idea, I am not very keen on yahoo ABA as it takes traffic away from this board, so this sounds ideal.

zzzzz Wed 03-Oct-12 11:43:35

Mrdev I should have said the best bit is the discussion at the end. Very thought provoking.

dev9aug Wed 03-Oct-12 18:21:10

right, I have just printed it off for some light bedtime reading.
MrDev, hmm, I feel a namechange coming on.grin

EllenJaneisstillnotmyname Wed 03-Oct-12 20:07:33

Zzzzz, bit of a side track but have you investigated Reggio Emilio? sp? (As an alternative to Montessori?) My DS's SS head was very keen on the philosophy, especially having parents join the class to share strategies and as the DC's first educators. It was a little too child centred for the DC with ASD who could use the freedom to indulge in their stims, but for NT DC it looks fantastic.

zzzzz Wed 03-Oct-12 22:02:58

Ellen thank you. I have never heard of Reggio Emilio, so that will give me some lovely fodder. Ds1 is nowhere near nt, but until recently he also wasn't terribly ASDish either. The last couple of terms at school were damaging.

The real joy of HE is you can pick a bit from here a bit from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now