Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

camhs say no and pead useless!

(3 Posts)
Chundle Tue 02-Oct-12 11:44:07

Really got my hopes up that camhs would take dd2 after talking to them they said it wouldn't be a problem. Got letter today saying no and to discuss with pead at our app in few weeks what next steps to be are Getting veryyy frustrated and feel we are being failed. I can't help dd as no one is helping us. I'm suprised my marriage is surviving this to be honest due to the stress and lack of sleeo.

Are we within our rights to ask paed for out of area referral ? Nothing seems to be done that he has promised. He promised referral for ados a year ago, not happened, promised referral to different pead not heard a word.

Ineedalife Tue 02-Oct-12 11:47:56

I think you are allowed to ask for a second opinion, although I dont know if you could go out of area.

Really sorry you are having such a horrible time, it took me 3.5 years to get a dx for Dd3 and we saw 7 different proffs in that time, It is a nightmaresad

Hope someone will come along who can give you more advice.

Chundle Tue 02-Oct-12 11:50:21

Thanks ineeda, I'm sure when I was offered an app my gp asked me if I wanted to go to a hosp 25 miles away as had shorter waiting times. Something to do with patient choice? Maybe not same for kids I'm not sure. Either that or we are going to ask for a number for a good private practise from him as cant wait anymore .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now