Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Exhall Grange school for VI child

(8 Posts)
lexy444 Mon 01-Oct-12 11:03:18

Trying to find out some more information about this school, have a visit booked in but wanted to talk to other parents...looking at it for son who is VI, HI and tube fed due to unsafe swallow, speech production issues, cane user, wobbly walker. Working at National Curriculum levels but year or 2 behind m/s peers. Currently in an ICAN Speech therapy school.
We are looking to relocate to midlands from berkshire but finding right school is the key thing.

Please PM me if you have experience of this school and would be willing to discuss it...

deepbreath Mon 01-Oct-12 18:15:55

Bumping for you. We live quite close to this school and I know an adult that went to this school some years ago and was very happy there - they moved on to Hereward College afterwards. Obviously, I appreciate that things will have changed since then. I hope that someone else has more recent experience that they can share with you.

lexy444 Tue 02-Oct-12 06:40:57

Thank you Deepbreath...just a thought do you know of any parent of sen children grps local to you where I might be able to find someone??

starfishmummy Tue 02-Oct-12 08:50:31

Like deepbreath, we are fairly close to this school, but in a different LA. We know of children who have gone "out of area" to Exhall Grange as they felt it offered what their children needed.

lexy444 Tue 02-Oct-12 11:13:48

Thanks Starfishmummy, we would be looking to move to SW Leics rather than Warwickshire so it would be out of area placement for us too. Currently we are in Berks and his school is Surrey so I know the out of county placement experience... I know it will complicate the transfer... any ideas how to "meet" Exhall grange parents??

starfishmummy Tue 02-Oct-12 15:18:27

Finding other parents from the school would be difficult unless they have any parent coffee morning type things you could get to.

I don't meet any parents who have kids there at the moment as most of the stuff I go to (not much) is at DS's own school. There is this group, which is Coventry based but there may be people wholive here and have kids at Exhall (which is only a teeeny bit out of area)

www.coventry.gov.uk/info/2000684/special_educational_needs-parent_partnership_service/320/one_voice_parent_group/2

glimmer Tue 02-Oct-12 15:34:06

Why not ask the school if they can get you in touch with some parents?

lexy444 Wed 03-Oct-12 20:01:25

Thanks starfishmummy, that's really helpful, from your link I got to a FB group and think I will be able to find out more that way!
Thanks glimmer, I didn't think they would be willing to do that, but will ask anyway. In the past I've always managed to bump into one or two fellow school parents virtually via forums and was hoping for another bit of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now