Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just had to explain to ds that dd1 will never walk. He cried. I cried.

(13 Posts)
peggyblackett Sun 30-Sep-12 13:38:55

That's it really sad

He is 2.5. He asked whether dd1 (8) will walk when she's older. I had to explain that no, she won't. He burst into tears.

Heartbreaking.

zzzzz Sun 30-Sep-12 14:20:39

sad [happy] sad

It doesn't just happen to one, does it? It's the whole family.

Heartmending.

willowthecat Sun 30-Sep-12 14:48:11

ds2 sees it in a very optimistic way which is just as heartbreaking - he will say in an excited way that he 'can't wait until ds1 can talk properly'.. of course we hope he is right and that ds1's speech will improve but there is no way we can explain to ds2 that it is unlikely to reach his level.

auntevil Sun 30-Sep-12 16:00:37

You must be proud though to see such empathy in such a little boy.
I would take hope in the knowledge that you have a loving empathetic son, who will likely grow into one helluva over protective and caring little brother.

Chundle Sun 30-Sep-12 17:14:38

I agree with evil what a lovely caring son you have and such a depth of understanding for 2.5 yrs. You're veryucky to have him and your dd x

zzzzz Sun 30-Sep-12 18:34:07

My ds2 is waiting fo his twin ds1 to talk well. He got very upset last year "it's taking such a long time Mum.". They are 7. sad

Chundle Sun 30-Sep-12 18:50:46

Awwww zzzz that's sad

peggyblackett Sun 30-Sep-12 19:17:11

Oh bless your ds zzzzz.

Thanks everyone. Sorry for being so self pitying. I know we have to face this, but it really took me by surprise today. You're all right of course, he is a lovely boy and I'm very lucky to have both him and my girls smile

auntevil Sun 30-Sep-12 22:23:22

Don't apologise - you have every right to feel emotional.
Its a lot easier to see the positives in other people's lives than your own.
Bet you gave them all extra hugs today as well smile

peggyblackett Mon 01-Oct-12 06:53:58

I did auntevil. They really are lovely kids will remind myself of this when snit is being purposefully smeared along the sofa.

peggyblackett Mon 01-Oct-12 06:54:17

Forgot the grin

Shellywelly1973 Mon 01-Oct-12 10:51:28

Yr post has made me fill up!!

Ur ds sounds lovely. It so difficult having a child with special needs, its tough on the siblings too.

U all take care...

elliejjtiny Tue 02-Oct-12 16:43:42

DS1 keeps saying "when DS2 is 6 he won't need his wheelchair anymore". Your little boy sounds lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now