Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA - do the DWP always usually tell you if they have written for more information?

(10 Posts)
perceptionreality Wed 26-Sep-12 14:54:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadySybildeChocolate Wed 26-Sep-12 14:59:59

They only wrote to my son's GP, who's seen ds twice in three years, as opposed to his physio who saw him weekly, or his teacher who see's him every day. confused I imagine they will contact your GP.

amistillsexy Wed 26-Sep-12 15:04:06

Have you contacted the Paed's admin person? I'm sure if you warn them this letter is coming, they will be able to find someone to reply to it in th egiven time frame, I should imagine it will be another Paed using your DD's notes, or after a short meeting with you. Hope it gets sorted soon!

perceptionreality Wed 26-Sep-12 15:34:47

starfishmummy Wed 26-Sep-12 17:20:31

We weren't told, but we knew they had written to his paediatrician as he was trying to phone us for information. We were away and got back to his messages to us and DS's renewal award as they had obviously decided he wasn't going to answer!

perceptionreality Wed 26-Sep-12 17:23:53

baboos Wed 26-Sep-12 18:17:50

I would give the paed's PA a call... I rang her to let her know I had applied and to watch out for any requests from them. They didn't contact anyone in our case.

perceptionreality Wed 26-Sep-12 18:45:39

amistillsexy Wed 26-Sep-12 19:31:56

Sorry, perception, I donb't think I was very clear. Once you've put your claim form in, it is unlikely you will hear anything until you receive the decision.

The contacts you put in your form (Paed, Gp, etc) may or may not be contacted, but if they are, the DWP will contact them directly, and not involve you.

I was suggesting you ring the Paed's office and explain tthe situation, and your concerns over the form, so that, should the DWP write to them, the Paed's office are in a position to deal with the letter, and it won't get overlooked.

For future reference, I always ask my referees to write a short note to be put in with the claim, outlining DS's difficulties as they perceive them, and how they have seen him affected. That way, I feel, the assessor gets a full rounded picture rather than just going on my say-so. If they want more info from these people, I suppose they will ask.

perceptionreality Wed 26-Sep-12 19:41:17

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now