Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Another SW meet up?

(15 Posts)
NoHaudinMaWheest Tue 25-Sep-12 19:57:53

Following the success of the first meet and the suggestion that Exeter might be the place for a future one, I have a proposal.

I have been offered the use of a room in central Exeter very probably free of charge though that has to be confirmed. It would be more private and Dc friendly than meeting in a coffee shop or similar. There is no adjacent parking but several pay car parks nearby and also easy to get to from both Central and St Davids stations. I am sure we could manage to supply our own goodies going by Friday night threads! Tea/coffee making facilities supplied.

I have replies from Chundle and Tiredness who prefer mornings Wed-Fri. If anyone else is interested let me know and I can then make enquiries about availablity, booking etc.

coff33pot Tue 25-Sep-12 20:59:25

Count me in but would suggest it a half term week as then I could make it of a morning with ds by train. If not I am looking at it being about 1/2 before I could get there x

Chundle Tue 25-Sep-12 21:32:57

I could do half term but would have to bring dd1 possibly as well - and it may get noisier! I may try get her into a holiday activity if I can though will see nearer the time x

Chundle Tue 25-Sep-12 21:33:30

Oh yes forgot Friday afternoons I can do as hubby gets home early ;)

zzzzz Tue 25-Sep-12 23:10:31

I'd love to come. My schedule is crazy so I'm gong to hang back and then see if I can make it once we've settled on a time.

coff33pot Tue 25-Sep-12 23:43:48

Zzzzz if you don't make it I will eat your cake as we wouldn't want it to go stale now would we...........grin

zzzzz Tue 25-Sep-12 23:46:44

coffee If it is humanl possible I'll be eating my own cake! grin

coff33pot Wed 26-Sep-12 00:12:27

If not it will be your hat grin

<thinks longingly of two nice wedges of coffee and walnut>

elliejjtiny Wed 26-Sep-12 14:14:17

Another vote for 1/2 term here, don't mind which day. I'll need to bring my 3 boys aged 6, 4 and 1 if that's ok.

zzzzz Wed 26-Sep-12 14:28:14

When you say parking is nearby, how many roads away?

Nigel1 Wed 26-Sep-12 16:14:23

I would be happy to talk on the SEN Tribunal process if that would be of interest. Free!

NoHaudinMaWheest Wed 26-Sep-12 21:01:49

I will investigate half term then if that suits everyone or most people. Need to check the room size too if there will be lots of DCs.

zzzzz nearest only one junction to cross. Busy city centre but partly pedestrianised so not too horrendous. About 5 mins walk at normal pace. There might be some blue badge parking nearer which I could investigate if you like.

zzzzz Wed 26-Sep-12 21:44:16

No blue badge, sadly. That would make life significantly easier.

I think I will have to come solo. Ds is not great in town at the moment. sad

I will have all 5 at home, so it may take some juggling.

Tiredness Exeter has exactly that effect on me too...driver hell.

signandsmile Thu 27-Sep-12 19:18:45

Oo Oo me too! can do one of the half term weeks, not the other, (we have weird two week half term) just let me know when... (Exeter eminently trainable)

ps, i am back, post flollop, (as it were.. grin). I have spent loads of money in Ikea, but chez sign is on the move, (well all the furniture and stuff, anyway, grin, am thoroughly excited,)

Chundle Thu 27-Sep-12 20:45:58

Excellent I will do half term week as well I may even drag my friend along and her little one (she's a mumsnet lurker!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now