Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Retained reflexes

(16 Posts)
mckenzie Tue 25-Sep-12 14:46:21

hi

I've been on Mumsnet for the last 3 hours or so reading lots of old posts about dyspriaxia, Vegepa, Behavioural Optometry and Retained Reflexes and so much more. Thank you to anyone who has ever posted anything about anything relating to dyspraxia smile. I must confess my head is now spinning and fit to burst but hey ho!
Ds was diagnosed this summer with dyspraxia and severe hyper mobility in some joints. I'm very interested in Retained Reflexes as it fits the picture of DS's birth etc.

How do i go about finding help in this regard? My first search on the internet gave me Davidmulhall.co.uk but I'm assuming there must be loads to choose from so a recommendation from mumsnet would be my first choice. Anyone? I'm North London/Herts/Essex/Middlesex borders.

TIA

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Tue 25-Sep-12 16:50:15

Essex? Can you get a referral via your GP to the Vision Training Clinic (used to be CPOC - run by Dr Annette Grounds - at what used to be called Colchester County Hospital but has since name-changed. Does both BO and RRT on the NHS. Also check out Youtube. Tests for retained reflexes are really simple - if a reflex is not retained it cannot be triggered. Also read 'Reflexes, Learning and Behaviour' by Sally Goddard

mrsbaffled Tue 25-Sep-12 18:55:38

Lots of Behaviour Optometrists do RRT as part of the Vision Therapy - it might be worth ringing some up . Search BABO on google. DS did it in Milton Keynes.

mumgoingcrazy Tue 25-Sep-12 19:33:28

Hi, we do Hemispheres

http://www.hemispheres.org.uk/

They have clinics dotted around the South East, I know there is one is St Albans if thats near enough.

We've had very good results so I can highly recommend.

mckenzie Tue 25-Sep-12 20:25:58

Thanks very much everyone. I'm going to do some more searching the Internet tonight based on your recommendations. Thank you

Badvoc Tue 25-Sep-12 20:52:09

Hemispheres
Sound learning centre
Inpp which is in Chester but who I would recommend unhesitatingly.
Good luck.
Check out the tinsley house support thread too!
smile

mckenzie Tue 25-Sep-12 22:07:25

thanks badvoc. Will do

Badvoc Wed 26-Sep-12 09:45:11

You can fill in an online questionnaire on the inpp website that will give you an indication of whether they an help.
They can I am sure, but it may help you isolate your main concerns?

walsingham Wed 26-Sep-12 10:33:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mckenzie Wed 26-Sep-12 12:38:08

thanks very much Walsingham. Hertford's not close but close enough to be considered. smile

mckenzie Sat 29-Sep-12 17:29:35

keeponkeepingon - I tried to get that book you suggested by sally Goddard but the shops i tried don't stock it. i tried the local library instead who also don't stock it and told me that they doubt any local libraries will as it's so expensive. I'll fork out for it if it really will help but at nearly £80, it's got to be very special. smile

Badvoc Sat 29-Sep-12 17:36:38

Have you tried amazon?

KeepOnKeepingOn1 Sat 29-Sep-12 17:47:19

You can get it from the states cheaper $25.00 plus $10 shipping - fern ridge press

mckenzie Sat 29-Sep-12 21:02:51

Amazon were quoting the £80, plus some available at £240!
I'll try that US option - thanks both of you.

newbrunette Sat 29-Sep-12 23:26:50

Hi all, I just found the Sally Goddard book on the INPP website for £20

mckenzie Sun 30-Sep-12 20:18:06

thanks very much NB. Ordered smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now