Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

local NAS 'phone today

(7 Posts)
willowthecat Tue 25-Sep-12 12:37:07

to say they have found a volunteer to be a 'befriender' for ds1. I'm quite excited esp as I thought nothing would come of the application (i've learned to downsize expectations). Has anyone any experience of this ? I'm trying not to build my hopes us as I am aware that as autism is a condition that varies so much from child to child that I'm not sure what the volunteer will be expecting compared to the reality -IYSWIM ?

willowthecat Tue 25-Sep-12 12:38:01

there should be a d at the end - I meant they phoned but it got lost in my typing

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 25-Sep-12 13:22:31

Oooh, sounds promising. Let us know how it goes. How old is your DS?

willowthecat Tue 25-Sep-12 13:26:32

8 - He is kind of low to moderate functioning - basic language, ipod obessed, quite sensory seeking. I'm just worried they may be thinking that it will be work with a mini rainman etc

joencaitlinsmum Tue 25-Sep-12 14:08:57

Wow sounds great, I contacted our local branch to see if I could get one for my ds and they dont offer that service confused but suggested a local pokemon club (DS hates pokemon lol)

willowthecat Tue 25-Sep-12 14:14:57

Yes like I say I was surprised !! But being pessemistic by nature, I still have fears it won't work - but will try to think positive as nothing ventured nothing gained etc

Ineedalife Tue 25-Sep-12 15:14:04

Ooh, sounds exciting willow. Hope it goes wellsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now