Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Playing hunt the senco

(8 Posts)
autumnsmum Sat 22-Sep-12 10:03:44

Happy Saturday everyone anyone else having problems tracking down a senco my son has high functioning autism and is suffering from severe anxiety regarding school I have asked to meet the new senco and so far have had no joy anyone else had to play hunt the senco.

cornzy Sat 22-Sep-12 14:24:34

Primary or secondary?
have you looked on the website?

moosemama Sat 22-Sep-12 16:19:01

I always find it's best to drop something in to the office in writing, requesting a meeting. They find it harder to ignore you if it's in writing. wink

Take this from someone who's SENCO has been seen to clearly run in the opposite direction when she sees me coming! hmm

Strongecoffeeismydrug Sat 22-Sep-12 16:41:57

I'm too busy playing hunt the SEN transport to even think about hunting the senco smile
Why do they make us play their stupid games sad

moosemama Sat 22-Sep-12 17:08:18

I think it must be in the job description. hmm

sazale Sat 22-Sep-12 17:48:33

I second Moose, a letter left at reception works everytime as well as giving you evidence should you need it.Having dealt with a good SENCO at DD's secondary school I'm now on to a rubbish one at DS's primary. She thinks 1 IEP a year with no parental input and no time scales to any of the vague targets is ok and she thinks it's just me that's anxious (sigh)! I should have known that I wouldn't get another good one. Up hill battle, here I come!

autumnsmum Sat 22-Sep-12 20:33:33

Thanks everyone on Monday the hunt continues

coppertop Sat 22-Sep-12 20:51:33

I'm still not sure who ours even is (secondary).

I asked when ds was in Yr6. They were apparently still recruiting as the previous one had left.

I tried again twice in Yr7, was told they'd contact me, but again heard nothing.

In the end I gave up and directed any queries and concerns to ds' tutor instead. She turned out to be really good and so far has dealt with everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now