Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

DLA - help please!

(6 Posts)
myBOYSareBONKERS Sun 02-Sep-12 09:59:20

My ds age 9 has ADHD, sensory processing disorder, dyspraxia, hypermobility. He is in the process of being assessed for ASD.

Due to his issues he has an exercise programme from his OT and PT. Should I include copies of these in his application pack?

tabulahrasa Sun 02-Sep-12 10:02:49

If in doubt - include it...it might not be needed, but they can decide that, lol

myBOYSareBONKERS Sun 02-Sep-12 10:48:58

Many thanks. I don't know if we will get awarded anything but it will be such a help if we do especially for clothing for him as he has to hv easy pull on clothes. Also his innersoles for his shoes are £30 a pair!

siblingrivalry Sun 02-Sep-12 16:20:33

I include any reports I have- as long as they are helpful to the claim. It helps to back up what you are saying. Good luck, I'm just finishing dd1's renewal -it's a slog!

myBOYSareBONKERS Sun 02-Sep-12 18:49:18

Thank-you. Do you think I should wait for the meeting with his psychiatrist and then enclose her diagnosis (if she gives one)?

Thread here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/special_needs/1547380-Camhs-and-Attendance-Assessment-Group

Do you think the assessment report would be worth enclosing? - the outline of their observations is what I wrote on the above thread. Or is it not really relevant.

Just want the best chance possible to get a claim to help him

myBOYSareBONKERS Sat 13-Oct-12 12:08:46

UPDATE: Got the DLA award today. My DS has got Mid rate carers and Lower for mobility! I am so surprised!!

When does it need re-newing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now