epidermal naevi anyone??

(4 Posts)
Chundle Sun 15-Apr-12 21:31:57

Hi all both my dds have epidermal naevi on the same (right) shoulder. Have had since birth. We found out what it was as dd1 got hers checked at dermatologist who confirmed it and also confirmed that dd1 had quite thin translucent skin. Dd2s neavi is racy the same but has grown recently so was thinking of mentioning it to her pead tomorrow.

Both girls are not massively big about 1-2 inches.
What I'd like to know is, does anyone know if there's any connection with epidermal naevi and behaviour issues? Dd1 has ADHD and dd2 under investigation at present(dd2 also has heart murmur).

Just seems odd no one else in family has this odd bit of akin except the dds and they both have behaviour issues.
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
auntevil Sun 15-Apr-12 22:57:23

From what I understand - which is limited tbh, it could affect development generally, or it could be totally random. Its something to do with cell construction in utero and can sometimes affect other cells as they develop.
I have one (nevus) - on my waist and imo have no behavioural problems, but I am hypermobile - which in itself can give quite thin translucent skin.

Chundle Mon 16-Apr-12 06:52:01

Excellent thanks, ill mention it today and see what they say.

OP’s posts: |
Danielle8p Sun 11-Apr-21 13:45:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in