Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

little vent- no reply needed.

(14 Posts)
starfishmummy Tue 25-Oct-11 10:14:38

Can I come and have a little cry. Its my birthday today and not going well. We were sitting having coffee when a mouse strolled across the living room. Managed to hustle ds out while DH had a look to see where it went to/got in (but couldn't). Then went in the kitchen to find DH hadn't done last nights washing up. Luckily DS is off to grandmas today so will have to pull all of the crap out (toys, boxes of tube feed stuff, nappies) and have a look for "signs" and have a good clean.....
Great day!!!!!!!!!! (And DH has spent a lot on a boxed set of DVDs for me which is not a present I would have chosen........)

trasa Tue 25-Oct-11 10:26:36

1st of all,a very happy birthday to you.....x
i bet a good clean of your house as you say will do you a world of good!!
theres nothing like it,
and why not treat yourself to a nice bottle of vino at the end of the day as a reward!
hope your day picks up,xxxxx

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 25-Oct-11 10:54:00

oh no starfish, sounds like a job for dh on a day like today. Hope you get to put your feet up later wine happy birthday smile

tooearlymustdache Tue 25-Oct-11 10:57:57

<makes brew for OP, slips a whiskey in it>

here, it's fine to have a cry.

and tell your DH it's his job to look for the mouse while you put your feet up watching the box set - you wouldn't want the expense going to waste and neither would he wink

intothewest Tue 25-Oct-11 11:34:59

First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Do you have a cat ? (just thinking it could have brought in a mouse ) If not pulling out all the toys/crap etc will give you an excuse to chuck stuff out...nothing like it grin

On the subject of the DVD-could you say,as much as it was a lovely thought,could you swap it for something else...?

Hope you manage to have some fun...and get HIM to do the washing up !

Oh and mice like chocolate (used choc in a 'friendly' mouse trap from pet shop and worked a treat)

auntevil Tue 25-Oct-11 11:40:51

Very happy birthday to you starfish.
wine for later when you are sitting there with that shiny halo from doing all that cleaning.

starfishmummy Tue 25-Oct-11 11:50:25

Thanks all. I Have a bottle of wine from MIL for later and a chocolate cake may have leaped into the trolley at Sainsburys! And i will watch the dvds (sex and the city set so not something i would have bought but will enjoy iyswim). The mouse is definitely dh's domain. We have had before - they get in via the airbrick so need to get some more mesh - Im just paranoid about shutting it in rather than out!!!
And yes a spring clean will help lift the mood, i just hadn't planned it for today! had tube feed stuff delivery and incontinence service delivery last week so just need somewhere to put all the blooming boxes!

coff33pot Tue 25-Oct-11 11:55:10

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! grin

Thats the important bit!

Have you got a stereo? Wack it up with yours and dh favourite tunes. Couple bottles lager for him and nice wine for you and turf out to the beat! grin If its anything like my toy corner from hell I sympathise! Get a bin bag for crap and a box for silly bits that need to go with something and hoover handy to suck up the mousie! With two of you at it it will be done in no time and then you can sit down and relax.

I know what you mean on the DVDs lol my dh bought me a double XL hoodie one year as I was pregnant and needed room. I was thrilled...................then I got a hoodie every year for 5 years lol pregnant or not confused

AmberLeaf Tue 25-Oct-11 12:05:37

thanks thanks Happy birthday! thanks thanks

I hope your day picks up.

This is supposed to be really good

starfishmummy Tue 25-Oct-11 12:12:18

Thanks Amber - but with a ds who lives at floor level and who can't be relied on on not to put stuff in his mouth it will be an old fashioned trap tonight! (And send DH down first in the morning)

AmberLeaf Tue 25-Oct-11 12:17:59

Aah yes, I didnt think of that.

We've got mousey issues too....my DS went round with a pen setting off all the old fashioned traps I set so ive given up on those!

starfishmummy Tue 25-Oct-11 12:33:51

Mmmm - thats a point, although I think they will be put down after a certain person has gone to bed and removed before he gets up.
I suspect we will also be going out a lot for the rest of half term......(and is why I'm hiding in the dining room)

AmberLeaf Tue 25-Oct-11 13:15:24

They are quite easy to hide though, mice tend to run along the floor right next to the skirting boards so I was putting the traps right up against the boards behind furniture [didnt stop DS though!] but easier to keep them away from a younger child or a child that doesnt understand the dangers of getting a finger thwacked in a trap.

Anyway! enough mousey talk!

Enjoy your day smile

blueShark Tue 25-Oct-11 14:59:33

Happy birthday!

Dining room is worst place to hide as they like kitchens and dining room, wherever there is food, he might have just got lost in your living room. Hate them!!!

Hopefully you r day turns out better as it comes near the time for the wine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now