Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

MRI scan - can we go to any hospital?

(4 Posts)
hazeyjane Mon 24-Oct-11 21:45:25

Ds has been referred for an MRI scan at Great Western Hospital, Swindon. The referral happened in May, and we signed something to say that we would take a last minute cancellation. I phoned the hospital today to find out how close we were to being seen and was told that it would still be quite a long wait.

We were told that it may be up to 6 months wait (the hospital does 3 children a month), but now it looks like it is going to be even longer than this. It is a non urgent scan, but waiting for it is delaying any further investigations into ds's problems.

Does anyone know, or has anyone asked to be seen at a different hospital, or does everywhere have these sort of waiting times?

hazeyjane Tue 25-Oct-11 08:22:30

bumpity bump

deeplydepressed Tue 25-Oct-11 19:05:33

I think it just depends where your gp has referred you to. Check with them as you may be able to get an earlier appointment. My GP offered me several hospitals and I opted for one further away to get an earlier appt. It was for ENT and for me but I think the principle is the same.

Asking costs nothing smile

hazeyjane Wed 26-Oct-11 10:10:14

thankyou, i think i'll call the paed and see if it would be possible to be seen quicker elsewhere. I suppose i thought it was silly to go somewhere else when we had waited so long, but it sounded as though he was still bottom of the list.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now