Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

mild ADHD?

(3 Posts)
trasa Mon 24-Oct-11 20:59:27

hi there.....

after our connors report was sent in and checked,we had our appointment for the "results" just over a week ago.
the pead said our son had aspects of adhd! that sometimes its there and sometimes its not!
when i asked if he had adhd?,she said he shows signs,but they are not there all the time,as i have 2/3 days that are good and the others are not.she said he has been in 3 times before and he sat quite,but that day we were in she could see aspects of adhd....she said its confusing.....

who is she telling!!!!!!!

what i really need to know is,is there any such thing as mild adhd? and can you have signs of it one day and not the next?good/bad days?!
is this what she was trying to tell me?
she told me she would put it in writing as it would be clearer,i still havent got the letter yet..
confused.com!!!!

ThePumpkinofDoomandTotalCha0s Mon 24-Oct-11 23:06:24

I don't know much about ADHD or whether ADHD can present inconsistently but if the doc is struggling with diagnosis would have thought you might want to take things further and ask for second opinion/tertiary centre referral?

trasa Mon 24-Oct-11 23:18:40

yes true,but it has taken 3 years to get to this......
so long......
its something we will have to think about though.
the thoughts of going threw all of this again!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now