Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Where do I go to eat out?

(9 Posts)
creatovator Mon 24-Oct-11 19:00:01

On Sunday afternoon my MIL wants to take us out for a meal for her 70th birthday. My DS is 10 yrs old and dx AS and I have a DD who is NT and 7 yrs old. My MIL is diabetic, controlled by diet. There will be 4 adults and my 2 dcs. We'll be going out in or around Glasgow. Does anyone know of anywhere?

willowthecat Mon 24-Oct-11 19:09:53

What are the main concerns ? A place with the right kind of food or somewhere child/ASD friendly - or both ? What kind of restaurants have worked well in the past ?

creatovator Mon 24-Oct-11 19:20:32

Both really. DS eats a limited amount of food. Usually pizza without cheese on it but grated at the side, or a cheese sandwich. He also eats haggis, but not too spicy. Only eats broccoli as veg and my lentil soup (i.e. completely blitzed up).

I would really like it to be ASD/child friendly so I don't have to cope with looks or stares. They don't normally bother me too much, but I'd prefer not to have to cope with it and it would be good for my MIL not to have to cope either at her b'day meal.

We normally do Pizza Hut. We've once been in Glasgow at House of an Art Lover for a Coffee, but think this might be pushing it a bit. We've also been to Luss to coffee shops.

ouryve Mon 24-Oct-11 19:25:51

I've only ever eaten out in Glasgow once, and it was at TGI Fridays. We had no idea at the time, but it turns out there were 4 boys around that table on the spectrum and not just DS1, who was the only one with a diagnosis at the time. They have a good, varied menu and it's busy enough not to feel like your kids are spoiling everyone's peaceful lunch, but not loud and echoey enough to be over-stimulating.

creatovator Mon 24-Oct-11 19:31:30

Thanks ouryve smile. Did you have to book?

willowthecat Mon 24-Oct-11 20:01:09

Tickled Trout in Milngavie is nice and very child friendly with wide range of food - but don't know if that area - north west of central glasgow is any good

creatovator Mon 24-Oct-11 21:16:51

Thanks willowsmile. Anywhere in and around Glasgow is good. I'll check the Tickled Trout out.

ouryve Tue 25-Oct-11 20:15:10

We did book because there were 10 of us and we needed a highchair for DS2.

creatovator Tue 25-Oct-11 21:13:54

Thanks ouryve

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now