Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What do you buy your child with ASD for Christmas??

(12 Posts)
electra Sat 22-Oct-11 10:34:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sickofsocalledexperts Sat 22-Oct-11 10:40:32

Every year for my DS it is loads of DVDs (duplicates of ones he loves but has destroyed over the year) and also loads of little squidgy toys from Hawkins Bazaar. One year my mum did him a big box, and in it with loads of tissue paper were about 20 of the little pocket money toys from Hawkins (it's online too). He loved that. What about an electronic keyboard for your DD, might she be interested?

tallwivghoulies Sat 22-Oct-11 10:47:28

There was a really good thread about this last year if anyone can find it?

DS likes anything that can play a tune so I've started hunting round the charity shops now. He's also very destructive so I don't mind so much if things get broken when they've only cost a couple of quid.

cwtch4967 Sat 22-Oct-11 11:18:18

We have a DVD destroyer in our house. Now every time we get a new DVD DH copies it and we only play the copy - the original disc is kept safe and copied again as needed!

coff33pot Sat 22-Oct-11 13:45:47

DS is building and destroying mad so its more Lego for him. Also a nintendo ds game and a wii game and I am considering a woodworking kit I saw on TV with real tools like saws but they dont cut you and it comes with non messy wood! grin

bee169 Sat 22-Oct-11 16:34:09

I was told at a conference to give kids a camera as they will only take pics of things they like. It might give you a few ideas if your dd can't let you know what she is interested in. Hope it helps smile

electra Sat 22-Oct-11 18:45:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ouryve Sat 22-Oct-11 22:28:44

We could easily spend hundreds of pounds on stuff for DS1 that he'd love, but DS2 is virtually impossible. There's a Leapfrog toy that he'd enjoy because he has another one in the same range and thinks it's hilarious, but we're saving that idea for parents. I've spent the evening hunting, specially the 3 for 2 that argos have on this weekend and have come up with precisely one thing - a Waybuloo yojojo dominoes thing. He quite likes Playmobil, but not enough to justify the price and DS1 destroys them as soon as he gets near them.

ouryve Sat 22-Oct-11 22:30:04

DS1 would take pics of all the price labels grin

Jerbil Sun 23-Oct-11 18:16:54

My son hasn't got ASD (though has lost of similar behaviours). Things he loves are Geomag, Magnex, Lego, Hama beads, sellotape, glue, paint and cardboard boxes and anything else crafty he can do his own thing with.

ineedstrongcoffee Sun 23-Oct-11 20:50:03

A train track for his beloved ninky nonk train.Im hoping it willl stop him running the thing over my head and boobs aka bridges grin

snowybun Sun 23-Oct-11 20:55:12

I think our son is determined to have everything vtech makes!! It started two christmases ago with the kidizoom camera last christmas the mobigo, his birthday last month the storio and now he has spotted they have the innotab!! With his birthday money he wanted the playmobil police station (his obsessions are any type of sign, cctv cameras, speed cameras which has evolved to include police) so we are buying a few of the playmobil extras.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now