Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

What to buy dd lovely nursery key workers when she moves rooms?

(5 Posts)
proudmum74 Wed 19-Oct-11 22:07:21

Hi All - Bit of a proud week, DD has progressed sufficiently at nursery to be moved up to the toddler room (only a couple of months behing NT!!).

She's been attending on a part-time basis for the past 6 months & the 2 girls who currently look after her have been absolutely fantastic. From the start they're been incredibly loving towards her, constantly telling her how gorgeous she is because they know that the word makes her giggle. They've also been really engaged with all her therapies, e.g. they asked her Physio & SALT to come in to the nursery so they could be shown her exercise that they perform daily, we have joint monthly meetings with the council SENCO to go through her IEPs and they've lent us equipment from the nursery (free of charge) to use at home as they'd noticed that it helped DD with her exercises.

I want to buy them something that shows how much I really appreciate what they've done for her when she moves rooms in a few weeks. I was thinking of buying them both vouchers for the fancy new day spa that's opened close to the nursery, so that they can have a well deserved relaxation session, and getting dd to make thank you cards, what do you think??

Any other ideas appreciated! (if it helps they're both in their early 20s)

Thanks

lisad123 Wed 19-Oct-11 22:46:10

Spa voucher sounds nice or a nice clothes shop voucher? If they are young that would be wonderful.
Dd2 left her SN nursery today and I nearly cried!sad

proudmum74 Thu 20-Oct-11 06:30:06

Oh Lisad, I'm so sorry. Are you able to get any other type of SN childcare prrovisions from anywhere else?

beatofthedrum Thu 20-Oct-11 10:14:05

Congratulations to your dd for doing so well, I'm not surprised you are proud, that is wonderful.
So lovely she's had such loving care, I think spa vouchers sound a very generous and thoughtful present, I'm sure they'd be thrilled.
The very best of luck to your dd in her new room at nursery smile

proudmum74 Thu 20-Oct-11 19:46:39

Aww, thanks!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now