Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dyspraxia and limb pains?

(6 Posts)
lechillycornsilk Wed 19-Oct-11 18:28:19

could dyspraxia cause a child to have pain in their limbs? Does anyone have any experience of this?

mrsbaffled Wed 19-Oct-11 19:35:37

I am interested in this thread - my DS (7) is seeing a paed tomorrow about this. We think he is dyspraxic, but also seems to be hypermobile in several joints, and complains of pain on writing and often says his legs hurt (plus it wakes him occasionally). I suspect that it's the hypermobility in his case.

I am a bit nervous about tomorrow(!) Will report back...

madwomanintheattic Wed 19-Oct-11 19:37:14

low tone more likely the culprit than dyspraxia per se. but lots of kids with dyspraxia have low tone - chicken/ egg?

lechillycornsilk Wed 19-Oct-11 20:10:35

thanks...perhaps it is a chicken/egg thing. Good luck with the paed tomorrow mrsbaffled. smile

Chummybud1 Wed 19-Oct-11 21:14:58

Yes, very often children with dyspraxia have low muscle tone etc. Due to them having to work so much harder to coordinate basic movement, there bodies are under more strain. My own son if we walk too far (for him) will get pains in his leg or if he has to do the same action repeatedly. Kids with dyspraxia also tire quicker and allowances should be made in school for this.

mrsbaffled Wed 19-Oct-11 22:03:49

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now