Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Occlusion therapy for visual impairment

(6 Posts)
MangoMonster Mon 17-Oct-11 20:46:56

Does anyone else use patches? My DS has suddenly had an allergic reaction to coverlet. Any ideas?

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Mon 17-Oct-11 22:27:29

there are a few different makes of patches, give your eye unit a ring they should swap them over for you. Think we might have swapped to opticlude but that was a few years back, having trouble remembering!

MangoMonster Tue 18-Oct-11 08:46:56

Thanks, have tried those ones previously and they were worse...couldn't remember the name. I'm not aware of any more brands offered by nhs but will check again. They are very expensive to buy which is annoying. All SN stuff is extortionate sad

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 18-Oct-11 08:56:49

does he wear glasses? You can make those things that go over them if he does.

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Tue 18-Oct-11 13:09:05

just thought, should have posted a link

MangoMonster Tue 18-Oct-11 14:56:39

Thanks so much ninja, they look great. I should probably check with eye doctors first though as they don't look quite a robust as the adhesive patches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now