Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

connors 3 report anyone?

(7 Posts)
trasa Sat 15-Oct-11 10:14:42

hi there everyone,
my son has been assessed a little while ago,threw the conors3 report,for poss ADHD/ADD/ASP/ODD. i got a letter from the Dr. who saw him saying that my report and the teachers report came back different......i have an appointment on Tuesday afternoon to go in and discuss it,
anyone have any idea what i should expect?
Im guessing the teachers report came back worst then mine as he had a very stressfull year with my son.

IndigoBell Sat 15-Oct-11 11:36:51

I don't think they will give a dx of ADHD unless both the reports suggest he has it.

However the connors is just for ADHD. So he could still get a dx of ASD or ODD.

keepingupwiththejoneses Sat 15-Oct-11 12:22:03

This happened to me with ds1, when we went to see the paed she took one look at him and sent the report back. Turned out it had been filled in by a teacher who had had ds in previous years and decided to fill it in based on his progress since starting school not based on the difference between him and his peershmm. When it went back he had changed teachers and it came back pretty conclusive for ADHD. I would check who at schol filled in the form, I have heard of them being filled in by likes of the senco or head who dont have everyday contact with the child.

trasa Sat 15-Oct-11 20:42:01

i know he teacher filled it in,and the head also went threw it,i cant get it out of my mind,im hoping it will show nothing,but also hoping it will show something aswell !!! because that would explain so much! hes had 2 assessments done in class and they have been fine,they said hes just a very willful child,i have one day and hes fine then the next hes just plain hard work,enough to bring me to tears....when hes hard,he shouts so loud,even when he talking,he hits things,doors,walls,tv etc etc,hes very angry with a very short fuse and demands all of my attention....calls me awfull names,he argues about everything,
then the good days are bliss!! and i think hes changing,hes caring,helpfull,will do anyhing for us and is very quite!
is this adhd??
im so confused,cant wait for tuesday to be here and i know.
xxx thank you xxx

trasa Sat 15-Oct-11 20:42:14

i know he teacher filled it in,and the head also went threw it,i cant get it out of my mind,im hoping it will show nothing,but also hoping it will show something aswell !!! because that would explain so much! hes had 2 assessments done in class and they have been fine,they said hes just a very willful child,i have one day and hes fine then the next hes just plain hard work,enough to bring me to tears....when hes hard,he shouts so loud,even when he talking,he hits things,doors,walls,tv etc etc,hes very angry with a very short fuse and demands all of my attention....calls me awfull names,he argues about everything,
then the good days are bliss!! and i think hes changing,hes caring,helpfull,will do anyhing for us and is very quite!
is this adhd??
im so confused,cant wait for tuesday to be here and i know.
xxx thank you xxx

MadameSin Sun 16-Oct-11 22:02:39

The school Connor's usually come back worse than home. The classroom is stressful for children with special educational needs and symptoms can be amplified iyswim. They will 'graph' both sets of results. This graph will show which symptoms of each disorder are more prevalent. My ds scored high on hyperactivity and lack of concentration, but less for oppositional behaviour ... therefore getting a dx of ADHD. Does that help?

trasa Mon 17-Oct-11 16:57:07

yes that does help,thank you....
i assumed that because one came back ok and the other didnt i wouldnt have a result.....
my nerves are gone,wish tomorrow was over,
didnt help today when i get a txt of another parent saying my son has been picking on hers!!
what do you do?!
thank you tho,that answer has helped,x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now